[APP][Pro] Harmony Hub (v2.0.7)

@Datageek will they eventually come back online (without an app restart) or are they being kept offline?

@jreenen I have observed some cases where it’s been offline for a few hours. But I haven’t done much testing on this as I usually just restart the app to get it working. I haven’t seen cases where they come back by themselves although I can’t be certain that it doesn’t happen.

@Datageek currently a hub is considered as being offline if it didn’t respond to a discovery request for 20 seconds. For the next version, I am planning on a different approach which should at least improve your experience. Could you also check next time it happens if the logitech harmony hub itself that is being registered as offline has a red light that stays on?

Thanks,

Jeroen

Sneak preview on a settings feature that will be introduced in V2.1.0

8 Likes

When I install the Harmony app on Homey I see 3 hubs and that’s right. 2 of them are under the same Logitech account and the third is my son’s and is under a personal account.
I have always had problems with the input of my soundbar in combination with my Harmony Companion and now I have created a flow that ensures that when I start an activity that my soundbar goes to the correct input. I did that with the Homey app Samsung Wam with which I can specify the soundbar input separately. Unfortunately, this is not possible via Harmony or with the original remote, which only has an input / source button.
This flow does its job well, but something very special is happening now. When I select an activity for that hub via another hub on the remote control, an activity is also started in my living room.
I have already noticed that it is due to the flow because if I remove all these flows it will not happen.
But still I wonder how is it possible that I activate something on one hub and that a flow is also sent to another hub?

I am very curious because for me this was the solution to my other problem with the input that has existed for years.

Thanks

1 Like

@Heula When working correctly the Harmony App will discover all 3 of your hubs. It will maintain a connection and listens to any incoming changes on that hub. The trigger activity will be fired once an activity has been started on any of those hubs.

The trigger activity comes with 2 tags

• Hub (which contains the hub name the activity got started on)
  • Activity (which contains the name of the activity that got started)

Looking at your flow

• will trigger whenever an activity is started on any of your detected hubs.
  • when triggered it will start a specific activity ‘Woonkamer Ziggo GO’ Woonkamer and sets the Soundbar input.

If you want to limit this flow to execute for a specific hub I would suggest adding a and (en in dutch) condition to this flow that compares the hub tag to a specific value.

If you want to limit this to a specific hub + activity combination the app also contains a condition where you could specify the activity and hub in the and part of your flow.

Short answer: yes, it’s possible to execute something on a different hub based on an activity that got executed somewhere else.

Hope this answers your question?

I have set up my Harmony flows differently and now everything works exactly as I had in mind and it no longer turns on at other hubs in the home.

2 Likes

Hi @jreenen, it happened again today so I went to check. The light at the front is green, but the activities and devices associated with that hub are all showing as offline in the Harmony app.

I used the option to create a diagnostic report if you want to look at the details, the ID is a4c40262-e421-4fde-8df0-a86728af359f

Thanks will look into it later this week! Hopefully I can provide you with a solution and/or fix in the next version of the app.

Regards,

Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

Posted on github my issue but apparently you do not read it there :slightly_smiling_face:

My issue (yes rebooted, reinstalled, tried to run via a copy of the app on the pc, reinstalled again) is next;
The current activity remains on TV Kijken. So when I want to assess the variable in a flow Homey is notified the activity changed (since it is running a flow) but I cannot read the current activity - so cannot use the tag/variable.

When you check on the devices & activities - eg PowerOff - when you watch TV that Icon is on and PowerOff is off. Selecting PowerOff will change the icons and will start the activity just like on the remote.

I have a SubWoofer connected to my soundsystem via a smartplug and want to switch that one off when PowerOff is activitated. It worked a month or so ago but stopped working.

Tried to find the logic in the project but that is really over my head. As well trying to find the right “logic” in Homey Script but that is as well not my league.

Can you help me out here? Can I send you a dump? Share my screen and walk thru options?

Many thanks,
Rolf

Hi @Familie_vanderKwaak,

Sorry that I missed your issue on Github. Will have a look at your issue later this week if you don’t mind, probably tomorrow but can’t make that a hard promise.

The good news is from next week Wednesday I have the rest of this year off so plenty of time to work on the next version of this app. When it turns out to be a bug I will make sure it is fixed in the upcoming version.

Regards,

Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,
Great, looking forward for your support.
No rush.
Anywhere where i can help, please reach out.
Love the harmony app (and homey).

Thanks,
Rolf

Often i see “offline” on some of the devices, but the aop has not crashed.
Can be offline for like 20 sec than online again. Known issue?

Hi Rolf,

Would the following work for you:

• Pair the PowerOff activity to homey
  • Create a flow using when PowerOff is turned on
  • Switch off the Subwoofer smart plug

Sorry for my late reply.

Hi @CB83,

Sorry for my late reply, this is indeed a known issue. Currently, I am working on a new version that should address this issue.

Best regards,

Jeroen

1 Like

Hi Jeroen,
As well activity “Power Off” is seen as activity “TV Kijken” when Homey starts it. So always (-1) not true.
This was actually the activity that suddenly failed to work and then started to search for workarounds.

Thanks and happy best wishes,
Rolf

Actually experience the same behaviour on the Harmony app on the mobile phone. Starting this app the bridge typically shows offline first. Only after 10-20 seconds it suddenly revives. Only the designated Harmony remote seems to always have a connection with the hub.

Better late than never :+1: thanks for one of the most needed app in my case :blush:

Hi Jeroen,

Created a flow with (any) “Activity started” and/or Activity = started.
Then the evaluation of the logical “PowerOff” equals false/true

There I have now a timing issue (delay). Give me a day perform some onwards testing.

Thanks,
Rolf

Hi Jeroen,
That work around is sufficient. Had to add an Harmony device first. The device always switched on is the Receiver “MainZone”. The work around does not provide fluent integration when working with the trigger of an Activity.
See screenshot. The Logic “aangezet” is the boolean “Main-Zone” on/off.

Thanks,
Rolf