Homey.ink, an e-ink Homey dashboard

Is it possible to show insight-graphs somehow? E.g. battery-level on a Tesla
Or is it only for running favorite flows and devices?

It can show all values a tile holds, not as a graph though.
The actual values can be shown, like battery % and such. It is updated realtime, no page refresh needed
Example

1 Like

This is a local served dash though.
With the online dashboards, longpressing a tile shows the values it holds, in a cycle (next longpress shows next value). But, while casting it to Google nest hub, this isn’t possible, I heard/read, but I don’t own one. Then maybe a local served dash is an option.
If you like, you can try my flavour of homeydash. It comes with a how-to install and run it on Homey itself.

1 Like

Ow?

Adjusted, I was misinformed appearantly.
I added:
’ I heard/read, but I don’t own one.’
Happy?

Well, the information is not correct. It is indeed possible with a Nest Hub.

Check!
And is it correct the hub starts a screensaver every 10 mins, and a new cast command has to be sent from Homey?
Do the tiles still show the longpress value then?
T.i.a. Roco

This is correct.

Nope.
But i wonder if “ur” version does?

???
I never said it is “my” version, I wrote:

But “my” flavour should, it should, Glenn D. is playing with it b/c he has a hub and I don’t.
The longpress function is not needed, I just un-hid the tile values so they’re always visible.

But it only lasts for 9 mins. Very useful.

We are going off-topic here me guess.
But if u think it’s ur flavor of Homeydash.com i wonder why u give credits to other sites that copied Homeydash.com. And , after complaining about it at the specific site, the site made the credits go to the correct persons.
“This project is forked from Homey.ink / Homeydash.com / Homeycornelisse”
“and those (daneedk, Rocodamelshe, Homeycornelisse) who expanded and customized it to what it is now.”
If u think u should add the original MD from That site then u don’t know where the credits should go to.
And no, it’s not me. Am just the guy who fix things. @DaneedeKruyff is the guy who should get credits for Homeydash.com !

Hi guys, I’m not getting it fullscreen. I can’t seem to get rid of the address-bar and options bar on both my Kobo’s. Granted, the first one is an older (unsupported) model, but the one in the screenshot is most definitely an Aura H2O.

I followed the foolproof 3-step setup instruction and even checked for the FullScreenBrowser-line in the .conf file. There isn’t much to mess up here. Any thoughts?

Hi,

I also did not manage it to get it fullscreen…
I have tried al lot of things, but at the end I gave up.
Now I am using an old iPad mini (in case) with the same black white view which I would have on the e reader… that works fine :slightly_smiling_face:!

image|666x500

1 Like

Downgrading to 4.25.15875 (November 2020) didnt solve the issue. I’ll try firmware versions further back when I find the time.

Perhaps it’s a hardware version issue. Apparently the Aura H2O has 2 editions, with the second edition having 2 versions. The 7th digit of the serial number reveals which version: mine is a 2, which means I have version 2.

Maybe this info helps future troubleshooters.

Same problem here, after getting a H20 special for the homey ink, I don’t get rid off the 2 ‘side bars’ like in the picture off ‘@Thijss’.
has someone managed to get it on fullscreen?
Thanks…!

(BTW, if I count digits and look at the 7th, its a 5, or if I don’t count the first N off the serial, it’s a 9, so I don’t think you can see the first or second edition to this…)

If your 7th digit isn’t a 2, you have the 1st version according to

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Firmware_Releases

Since my version 2 has the same problem, you might have just ruled out the problem is due to a version difference. Unfortunately doesnt solve it, but at least we are one step closer.

Did anyone manage to get it fullscreen?

After flashing the Kobo back to a really old firmware version, I could force the browser to fullscreen by changing the config file. I also tried to disable the sync and update functionality, but without success. After two days I found my Kobo updated to the latest firmware again and with the crappy not-fullscreen browser on the screen. That was the moment I threw the device back in the drawer to let it collect dust again.

Hi.
I’ve tried setting this up on my android pad, but have some problems.

To try it out, I set up the pad using my own user. That worked well, but as I got my own shortcuts etc and didn’t want the users to get full access to homey I set up a guest user. The guest user is logged in to the homey app, and I used to to log into homey.ink to get the url. Now, when I access the homey.ink link I still get my main user in the browser…Anyone been through this before and can share with me how to solve this?

Thanks!

Login here: https://homey.ink/ with the guest account to create the Link / Token.