Homey Community Forum

Homey.ink on a tablet/desktop

app

Did you try my version recently? That one is able to show all (number) capabilities on a tile.
What are you specifically looking for, what do you want to display for which device?

I want to show all values (that are important to me) at once on the tiles.
The problem is that some tiles share the same capabilities and are influenced in some way with the make-up or some other unknown code. I can’t manage this by grouping the capabilities in any way.
So if i can retrieve the device id i can query this in the first IF statement of a device and write code for each device without interfering others.

The device.id can be retrieved see: line 495 for example.

If you make a condition in the renderDevices function that checks for a certain device.id you can then add the capabilities you’d like to add per device. That would however make it very specific for your environment but if you’re not distributing it that would’t matter (until you remove or add devices :wink: )

The Danee version will be online soon to be used by everyone. More info will follow. :wink:

7 Likes

The selected value on a tile will now be remembered* so the next time you open the dashboard you don’t have to select the values you like to see. Also added a blank value so you can also decide to not show a value on a tile. Removed the filtering of measure_battery so that can now also be shown now.

*the duration is currently set to 1 hour, did this for testing purposes so I wouldn’t have to wait too long for the timer to expire. Will change this to a higher value in next versions.

2 Likes

Yeah, that one i already found. But that is the unique device ID. I mean the product or device id that is stored in settings section and is visible on the device page. That specifies a range of devices (f.i. all Xiaomi round therm./humid sensors) so you can build a tile around that.

New update works perfect, nice that it now remembers the device tile setting which value you want to see. Just one thing, my plugwise devices dont show any meters at all with this update. And when clicking on the tile you “only” turn them on/off so I can choose anything

1 Like

That’s correct, value information is (for now) only available for tiles that don’t have a quick action, in other words only tiles that have no function when you click on them.

1 Like

Ah, thats probably something like device.settings.zb_device_id

1 Like

Alas, already tried that. The return is “undefined” and if i put “.value” behind it then my tiles disappear from the page… :stuck_out_tongue:
Will continue my search, for now it works on the most important tiles, be it without decimal.

If you look at the original version (online) and the version of @DaneedeKruyff, @Ruud what a progress and this only in about 20 days! I can only say thanks devs for supporting us here, because of you all this is so much more then a 1 day wonder!
I already have seen reviews, reactions online that because of this people decided to buy a Homey!

@Athom; 400+ posts in 19 days in the homey.ink customisation thread … I think people might be interested in a dashboard solution … :slight_smile:

6 Likes

does anyone here know how you can run a https version from a synology nas of a homey.ink?

Indeed, i still dont understand why the dashboard had to be killed in the updates

I don’t have a Synology yet, could not yet convince my wife that we need this :rofl: :crazy_face: :grimacing:

But I saw an article on Lets Encrypt with a tutorial how to use this service on a Synology, maybe this can help? https://www.synology.com/en-global/knowledgebase/DSM/help/DSM/AdminCenter/connection_certificate

try this:

for ( setting in device.settings) {
        console.log(device.name + ": " + setting + " = "+ device.settings[setting])
      }

1 Like

And you’re not gonna need one. Don’t tell anyone, but Roco’s gonna have a present for us all soon, shhhttt :shushing_face::zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

@DaneedeKruyff short question, cool that we now can flip true sensor values but how is the alarm (orange) option now triggered, for all values below/above the configured treshold? or for only the value thats shown on the device button? if for all is it then possible to trigger the alarm and change to the right value(s)?

I think the alarm state is only valid for a true alarm state of the device (i.e. motion, open, tamper). Not for thresholds you set in a flow or somewhere else.
Correct me if i’m wrong.

Thanks! Looks great, I will try if i can use this! :beers:

Hi @PetervdK, @DaneedeKruyff, has configured that as the Mi Flora sensor treshold for moisture goes below/above the configured tresholds (so when to water the plants, or when drowning the plant :stuck_out_tongue: ) that the device button generates an alert and colors orange like for instance a door/window sensor, quite handy to be honest :wink: