Homey.ink on a tablet/desktop

i did

Then u have all new features now.

nope, and that is the reason i asked my questions. I guess you don’t wanne help me. maybe somebody else?

Now that’s not nice!

Can u give me a link to the github files u downloaded to get the new features from Homeydash.com?

2 Likes

I am sorry for not being nice… but those were not helpful comments.
and thanks for trying again.

i did this, like the way this topic starts.

npm i -g serve
git clone https://github.com/athombv/homey.ink.git
cd homey.ink
serve -p 5001 app

And that’s why i told u in my first comment that u should take a look at Homeydash.com . <—Link, click.
There is all u need. Also a link to the correct GH files from @DaneedeKruyff is in the 2nd post of this topic we are now.

Looks to me u are still confusing Homey.ink with Homeydash.com

1 Like

And that’s why i looked in the whole topic and i did not find awnsers to any of my questions… except that i do know now it is not possible to update it to the newest version.
Maybe i mixing up those two words. You saw the screenshot and know now what i have installed. I guess it is homeydash :slight_smile:

No, it is not, thats the homey.ink version.

Hi Edgar.
You should be able to go to https://github.com/daneedk/homeydash.com, make a fork from there, make your modification, and use that as your new local source. Then, when the files are changed @DaneedeKruyff, then you can see what has been changed compared to your version.
If you compare your version to the newest version it will be to much for you to change. I would suggest you start over with a Fork of the newest version, make the same changes you have done before and than it’s easier for you to keep up when new releases are created.

2 Likes

Oké, thnx @JonasW
I understand that part.

I am still wondering how the notifications etc works. Despite of i installed it this week, i don’t have those features. How to get them, i cannot find anywhere.
Can you help me with that part too? Thnx!

Can you post a screenshot of what you see, and a screenshot of what you’d like to see? (I’m sure you can find one on the forum)

If you open CHANGELOG.md. What is the newest version in that file?
Are you running the webpage in Google Chrome?
Have you tried to clean internet cache?

This, for example is a good start

image https://global.discourse-cdn.com/business4/uploads/athom/original/2X/8/88cf641d20fe4e67f5d16b421b5de1c4d6903312.jpeg

In my first post you can see what i have now.
@JonasW It is on my google hub.

Its the first install, so no caching.

Ok, so. You want to use the functionality of homeydash.com but have downloaded the homey.ink files.
Please follow the advise that has been given, download the homeydash.com files from my repository.
My code is 96 (!) commits and I guess over 1000 (!) lines of code ahead of homey.ink. Feel free to try to change homey.ink to your needs but its easier to just download the files.

Mind you, al the cool stuff shown here in screenshots is simply not part of homey.ink but homeydash.com.

3 Likes

Pfffff… why are they all posting then in homey.ink topic? That doesn’t make it more clear then…

Oke, i can do two thing then, i guess… start over with dash, or spitting through the code of dash and rip what i need…or want :slight_smile:

Correct?

I suppose you have made fewer changes to your code than that has been made in homeydash, newest release, and I guess you know what changes you have made yourself so I still recommend that you start ower with the new media, implement your changes and go from there.
But it’s up to you.

Because homey.ink is the local running version which you can edit and adjust to your own needs. It would be strange if they posted this in the non-editable online version don’t you think?

Homeydash is also possible to run locally, the code on the website is available on github (like already mentioned previously) and works completely the same to get “online” locally as homey.ink.

But of course to the user if they want to start from Homey.ink or homeydash.com.

I know that. I was answering his question about why ppl post their screenshots of adjustments here and not in the online dash topic…

Is it possible to hide alarm clocks?