Homey.ink on a tablet/desktop

With such devices I mean the e-readers, not iPads. Don’t worry, those I use plenty :slight_smile: (and is the main target for homey.ink homey.ipad :wink: )

2 Likes

Is there allready an web address where we can try your work?

In post no 23 there is an adress to the files from @DaneedeKruyff .

I have got it working but now I want to add temperatures and more. But I dont understand on wich lines to change in homey.ink.app.js
Can someone post code of entire homey.ink.app.js with a working temperature meter och post the file.
I am not a programmer but can do simple editing and expanding when having some code to look at :wink:

I have heard from a very betrouwbare source that the files will be online when they are finished. :wink:
Can’t say the source is @Hullie because i promised him i won’t tell anyone.

1 Like

Great ! But isnt it gonna be a specifik setup in the files for each device ? So my homey.ink.app.js wont look the same as somone else how has other devices ?

Will be the same for everyone. Just give him some time to finish it and u will be amazed!

1 Like

The github files? I have seen them. But I don’t know how I can get them to work. There is not allready a working URL that everybody can use? Just like the original homey.ink dashboard?

U can use it online via Homey.ink or download the files and run them locally. Or put them on a private server like a Synology or a PI.
No more options indeed.

Whaha @Rocodamelshekima! But look at my post in this thread 2 days ago. No secret. There is an example.
I’ve modified DaneedeKruyff’s files on GitHub. Specific to my devices so it’s not so good to share. Or @DaneedeKruyff, I can share it with you so can merge it with your own code?

Allright, no idea how I can get that to work so I will wait for a tutorial than. :neutral_face:

As Rocodamelsche already said. It is not to be ran of the web. You need to install them on a local web-server.

Patience is not my a friend of mine :slight_smile:
I downloaded the files and got everything up n running on a ubuntuserver.
Now I “only” need a example or copy of a homey.ink.app.js file that has example of a device like a temperature device added.

Note that the “thermometer” line device.driverId === “thermometer” can be different for you (e.g. I have 4 different thermometers!

This is where I got stuck.
The first is no problem "In the function renderHomey() , “homey.devices.getDevices().then( function (devices)…” disable or comment the line: "

But then, is it on line 142 where I shall insert:
if device.driverId === “thermometer”) {
var $value = document.createElement(‘div’);
$value.classList.add(‘value’);
$value.innerHTML = device.capabilitiesObj.measure_temperature.value + device.capabilitiesObj.measure_temperature.units;
$device.appendChild($value);
}

Notifications can now also be shown now, thanks to @Hullie

I have planned to look into adding devices without the quickAction property, have some ideas on how I want it to add but it will take some time.

1 Like

@Hullie is it possible that Firefox doesn’t show temp on devices while Chrome does?

In the function renderDevices(devices), the create an else statement under if (device.ui.quickAction) { … }
You need to have some understanding of node.js/jquery/javascript. If not, it is beter to wait for DaneedeKruyff’s work, as he may add the other devices.

1 Like

Could be that FF does format it differently, but not showing at all, is strange. I only tried Chrome and Safari.