Homey Community Forum

Homey.ink on a tablet/desktop

I have the online version, but I really miss the option to see temperatures, percentages, colors and stuff like that on the tiles. I ll try my best. Thanks so far! If i succeed, I ll make a small donation :+1:

1 Like

Just hit and hold the tile and you can get any info on it that is supported (temperature, power, humidity…)

I know, I know, but it ll reset after time. And I d love to see them all together. I ll try to make a node red dashboard soon

Never reset in my case on one device. Using it on wall mounted tablet and kiosk browser and it remains same also after restarts.

Have a look here, seen pictures with all the values visible in the same tile.

Zoiets?
Something like this?

4 Likes

That’s nice, is that just a sketch or a working dashboard?

It’s a working dashboard. Took me some weeks to accomplish. Not fully satisfied yet, but works good enough for now.
I have a second dashboard that shows last connected/reported times and want to integrate that into this one. Can’t get it right though (can’t get all info on the tiles in a decent way), my json knowledge is too limited.

I got it to work too, @Glenn_Dijkstra
Running it local on Homey micro webserver.
Screenshot

Photo

1 Like

Adjustments I made (as is, I still have to run a diff with all edited files :wink: ):
I’m familiar with coding, but far from guru :wink:
So you’re on your own using this.

To show all available values on tiles, edit this file:
/app/css/themes/web.css
Or use iphone.css / ipad.css / google nest hub.css instead, if you use one of the iphone/ipad/“google nest hub” templates as your theme on your device.
Find the line with:
.device .value {
Then change
position: absolute;
into
position: sticky;

-Font adjustment:
This is also done here:
.device .value {
Changes made:
top: 0.4vh;
right: 0.4vh;
font-size: 2.2vh;
font-weight: 500;
line-height: 3vh;
max-height: 2.6vh;

And at the entry below that,
#decimal {
change the font size for decimals:
font-size: 1.8vh;

The same theme for an android 10.1 tablet works for my android phone as well

2 Likes

@JPe4619 Jan, it is not functional (yet) though, but ik looks a bit like it.
What you see here are tiles ‘longpressed’, so they show a value it otherwise doesn’t.
The tiles keep this ‘state’ on a tablet f.i., but not on a Ggl Hub. I think cookies do the trick of ‘reminding the state’.
Using the online dash and casting it to a ggl hub, you will be pressing the tiles every x minutes to show the values you want…
From what I understand the only way for now is to download an run the dashboard locally.

1 Like

So, I’ve used the online version previously but I have decided to run locally on my rpie instead. Got it up and running and I can see the dashboard when going to the IP of my rpie with the token string attached.

I SSH in to my pie and cd in to homey.ink and run serve -p 5000 app.

Problem is that when I close my ssh connection it seems like the dashboard stops working, how come? I’m a novice when it comes to linux so any help would be appreciated.

What does serve --help say?
I guess you have to do something like this, the run forever option
(found online, so don’t kill me if this is crap):

You need to specify the absolute path for the folder you want to serve, and also use which to get the command absolute path as well.

I use npx to run serve instead of having it installed, and it works like this:

forever start $(which npx) serve -l 80 -s /home/user/folder/build/

or what about entering this

npm i -g serve
git clone https://github.com/Homeycornelisse/homey.ink
cd homey.ink
serve -p 5000 app

I’m thinking if you only enter the last command, it quits when you disconnect. But maybe I’m talking crap and should not interfere :wink:

Not getting it to work. Tried
npx forever start $(which npx) serve -l 80 -s /home/draceus/homey.ink/app

output is
npx: installed 235 in 23.712s
warn: --minUptime not set. Defaulting to: 1000ms
warn: --spinSleepTime not set. Your script will exit if it does not stay up for at least 1000ms
info: Forever processing file: /usr/bin/npx

Not sure what Im doing wrong. Surely everyone running this locally has it set up so it doesn’t stop working when you close SSH to the server. Must be someone who knows the answer ^^