Homey International

Hello ! Is there an international version of Homey coming soon? eg German?

2 Likes

Homey is International since day one,
It contains Dutch beside the default English.
There are models for the different contingents that require different frequencies.
Athom only doesn’t communicate timelines when fe other languages appear. Just as release dates of new firmwares.

You could order one and use it in English ( or Dutch :wink: )

But I guess we can expect de and fr as next languages but we will not know before it is ready.

They should just allow their users to translate it.
Maybe using https://lokalise.co? I’d be happy to translate it to Slovenian (am doing the same for HASS).

an answer why they don’t want users to Translate was answered in a old post on the old forum. Maybe you can do a search on the old forum.

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/2531/language-support-plans Discussion there went nowhere. UI and voice parts should be separated and then it would be easier for us to translate it. I’m from Slovenia and we’re a really small nation so there is 0 chance of an official translatio, giving me the option to translate it for my gf and cost the athom guys 0€. Win win situation

1 Like

I agree it could be a win-win situation, but only partly. How would Athom go about supporting you (or others running Slovanian) when they have little to no knowledge of your language? That most likely the reason they want to control what language Homey can use (speculation from me)

Well, english is a few clicks away. I really do hope they eventually go in that direction

1 Like

@Bram do you have any update on this? The community really wants partecipate to the internationalization development.
I can give my support for the Italian language.

1 Like

In the dutch presentation given at Robbshop Stefan talks about French and German? (not sure) support in the near future.

Just rename on the Homey device page Groud floor to “Pritličje” and bedroom to “Soba”. I think this is more then enough for day to day use. :smiley: :smiley:

already did:P

1 Like

I came across this which you might find useful, looks like German support was added the the rf driver two months ago.

What that means exactly, I have no idea.

1 Like

I guess the main problem is the ability to recognize homey connected devices to Alexa/Google Assistant. Skills and actions are not published in my market.

How ask alexa to control homey connected devices?

1 Like

btw german was added…

1 Like

The Alexa skill for Homey in german works fine. Hope they add also german and other languages to Homey soon.

1 Like

Also just found this.

Hi,
There are some dutch apps.
I think that Athom will include a German translation for Homey at some point in the future.

Dafont 192.168.l.l FileHippo