Homey Pro 2023 Zigbee Issues

Loooong textual replies but still not any useable information about your setup, number of routers etc etc. Keep trying…

5 Likes

Sure, if you ignore all my answers to what you ask, then nothing at all. Why are you even here?

Have you sent a Diagnostics Report via More - Settings - General when it’s not working?
That is your best hope for locating the issue and getting it fixed, especially if it is a firmware issue.

3 Likes

On the Homey Developer Tools webpage (that @Sharkys linked as well) you can see a “map” of your Zigbee network. How it is meshing/routing and what devices act as routers or end devices as well as what channel you´re on, with the option to switch channel.

Homey Developer Tools - Zigbee

Not on the HP2023.

3 Likes

Really? I did not know that.

It was removed because Athom apparently cannot implement it with the new Zigbee hardware.

Please calm down a bit, everyone.

Thank you!

3 Likes

I guess the “old little Zigbee router” is a Zigbee coordinator, right?

Every Zigbee coordinator creates its own Zigbee mesh. So the “old little Zigbee router” is not able to strengthen the Zigbee coverage. The problem is that they can even interfere with each other.
You also use Alexa. Does Alexa also use Zigbee? Do you have other Zigbee coordinators, e.g. a Philips Hue Bridge?
Zigbee also works in the 2.4 GHz frequency, i.e. in the same frequency as WiFi.
Depending on which channels the devices are set to, they may interfere with each other.
On the following page you can check whether the WiFi may interfere with the Zigbee radio. It is recommended to fix the 2.4 GHz WiFi channel:

http://ostgardh.se/wifi_zigbee/

4 Likes

Maybe this will help…
I also have amny issues with zigbee devices. I have made a call to athom about this. It was a known isue back then. In my case, it concerns aqara battety driven devices. The mini switch and contact switch on a door.
The contact switch is functioning completly at random, then it sends a signal, then is does not.

Comming from athom, a workaround could patch these issues. Do not power cycle your homey, just reboot the aqara app. This seems to help.

In general there seems to be a problem with zigbee communication. This keeps comming up.

I have the exactly same issue with my Aqara blinds, very annoying. My other zigbee devices (mostly Danfoss Ally radiator thermostats) seem to work fine though and some of them are even further away from my homey with one more thick brick wall in between.

Have ordered some IKEA signal repeaters, hopefully that will solve it. They arrived yesterday, but have not had time to re-pair. I have a feeling that this will not solve it though…

I am running 10.3.2

RJUK follow me. I bought expensive crap and then forgot it. It’s not worth worrying about. I bought it out of curiosity. Many praised the homey. Experience shows that these are believers. As Tesla owners. You can prove it to them a hundred times and they will still claim that homey is excellent. Homey is worse than most smart home systems.

How is it possible than that there are only a hand full of complaints about homey on this forum (with a lot of them user error), it is possible that a combination of devices just give problems (could be because producers don’t follow the standard zigbee implementation for example kuch kuch aqara/xiaomi). I don’t want to defend athom in any way or form but if you have problems reach out to the helpdesk and they will help you, i had some problems with software updates (mostly RC versions) and within a few hours they responded and solved the issue in a following update. And if you’re not happy with the product just return it and try something else like home assistant for example. There is no product on the market without problems and software updates that never break something, even HA, microsoft, apple, google, and so on sometimes f*ck something up.

4 Likes

And yet, issues with these devices seem to be much more prolific with Homey users than with any other Zigbee implementation.

No problems here so I can’t judge about that, i heard about problems with aqara and ikea not playing nice with each other but here they work great.

Then please explain why my Homey is running (along with many other Homey’s) without major problems for over 5 years now… What has that to do with believe? It’s a fact.

3 Likes

You got a Homey Pro 2023 4 years before they came out? Sweet time machine!

The first homey came on the market in 2016🙃

2 Likes

Nope, of course i don’t. But the basics are the same. And there are also many other users of the 2023 “puck” that have little or no problems with it.

Again, 2 of your blinds are not working well and then Homey is crap. You never give any details but keep fulminating. You never shared the flows (and the sensors) that should operate the motors, big chance that there is some flaw in there. And some members have given you usefull advice and i see nowhere that you have done something with it.
So yes, you can go on and on and on, but it will obviously never work if you obviously don’t want to be helped.

4 Likes

Haha calm down mate, you’re getting very agitated, considering you supposedly have a flawless device. No need to get so emotional.

So you have an older version, not the same as ours and therefore assume it’s all the same. OK then.

Nothing wrong with my sensors or flows thanks, else it would never work. But keep projecting your flawed logic.

Others have been very helpful. Not you though. You’re the only one that ignores all the information, says there is none, and gets all emotional about me slating your beloved Homey. Do you get paid to simp for them?

Clearly you can’t just be objective or believe that there’s a flaw, even if there’s countless reports of Zigbee issues with this hub.

No need to come back, you clearly have nothing valuable to add.

2 Likes