Homey Pro Backups (formerly Homey+) subscription

to be fair the wink hub is a fraction of what homey cost…

The wink hub is $ 69 … i paid € 399 …

so homey is 3 years of wink subscription more expensive

even then you can say that economic times are now slightly different then in the period that Homey did bring the subscription !

1 Like

I don’t want to be an ass, but after paying 400 euro’s for a Homey I need to pay 1 euro per month to backup my Flows which could have easily been an export/import button on the Flow editor.

I understand your sentiment. Especially if you expected to have it for free, or for it to be included in the first place. Aside from that, is the total sum you pay for Homey and subscription, worth what you get for it? Or do you feel you pay more than it’s worth?

You can decide for other platforms with free backup. E.g. Fibaro.

Homey is expensive (400 euro’s) but worth it. I know there goes a lot of time in changing things, as things continuously change. But you knew that before releasing the product. On the other hand, I’d like to contribute to that (testing, bug reports, sharing knowledge on the forum, etc). A strong community makes also a strong product.

I also understand that a steady income flow helps development. But backing up for 1 euro a month is something I wouldn’t pay. And it’s not a bout the money, but it feels weird to pay a euro per month for something that you only need if the product is broken.
I am not a fan of subscriptions :slight_smile: Especially when you could easily make an export button.
I think I could use it if an export or import would cost me a euro each time.

That’s very possible Igy. Ofcourse. Me myself, I tried Fibaro HC2, I tried Vera… For me Homey is much more value for my money. :slight_smile: I’m curious about Renzo’s viewpoint. What exactly is feeding his sentiment. I’ll wait patiently for his answer.

but it feels weird to pay a euro per month for something that you only need if the product is broken.

So you don’t have any insurances?

I only have insurances for things I cannot pay myself. It’s quite a strange comparison though. A couple of Flow’s vs a total-loss car or a broken leg or a destroyed house due to fire.

@Mark_van_der_Hijden, I don’t know. Everything is subscriptions based at the moment. Every note app or photo editor… Those things, for me, are only serve a purpose if you use them often. And more important: if you stop paying you stop acces and in some cases, you have files you can’t open.
Let’s say it’s a formula where things as value for money, feature and use play a huge role.

Thanks for your explanation Renzo! :raised_hands::facepunch::+1:

1 Like

Athom could easily end the discussion about the paid backup if Homey + had additional functions. Unfortunately, nothing new has come since the performance, although it has been announced.

1 Like