Homey v5.0.0 (Stable Release)

Are you still running firmware v4? The latest version(s) of the IKEA app only support firmware v5.

how do i check?

In the mobile Homey app: “More > Settings > General” (or the Italian equivalent :smiley: )

His screenshot shows Homey is at 5.0.0, and that other apps have updated, but IKEA Trådfri has not. Maybe manually update it? IKEA Trådfri | Homey

1 Like

Ah yes, good point, I missed that. In that case, the issue is probably because the currently installed version of the app is SDKv2 which doesn’t work on firmware v5. Strange that it hasn’t already been updated automatically.

Done. ok, solved

1 Like

Not sure what happens here, but +36hrs after update to v5, no apps have updated automatically. The IKEA app I updated manually since I had to get the Trådfri stuff to work. Works just fine though.

Did you switch off automatic updates for apps? (in the past)

In that cause you need to press update yourself (ofcourse)

1 Like

New here and my first post, so not sure if this is the correct place to post my issue, but I’m getting frustrated…

I had the automatic update to v.5.0.0 last night and after the update I have issues with many of my wall plugs (mostly Fibaro Wall plugs). They are no longer reachable and connection times out. Or actually, they are reachable. That is, if I plug them into the wall socket closest to where Homey is. Fibaro app has been updated and I have tried to Heal all devices multiple times. Mostly the Heal fails because “could not connect” or similar. In the developer view it looks like no mesh is built up. Heal has always worked before when I connected new devices and put them somewhere in the house.

Yesterday, before the automatic upgrade, everything was working fine
Anyone else experienced problems like mine after upgrade to v5.0.0? Any hint what I should start to look for?

Try a ptp (afterwards wait at least half an hour for the mesh to settle down), and maybe a different power supply and if that doesn’t work just open a support ticket at athom.

1 Like

Nope, automatic update is enabled for all apps. The update to v5 was made manually though since I wanted the update to take place at a time I when I would be able to deal with potential issues after the update…

It took overnight to get the mesh settled (or at least a lot longer than 30 minutes after ptp). Now all nodes, except for one battery sensor are reachable again. So all that was needed in the end was patience. I could use more of that…

Thanks!

3 Likes

Blockquote

Hi Wolly_a,
great that this is working for you. For Zigbee I can only say, that
Gledopto/Tint and Innr app are both (at least for me and some otehr users) not working properly.

Gledopto seems to work, Tint/Müller Licht (e27) does not work. Tried reset, re-add, ptp, zigbee heal. Bulbs visible, no action possible. See on Github

Innr app working great with most of my devices - like before the update. Some devices though not working, connection not possible. Mostly after Homey reboot. Multiple app restarts of Innr app helps at least te,mporary. See on auf Github.

br,
Tom

Logic: Calculate Var to Var seems to broken. I am unable to set the first variable after calculate. Seem to be set as text. But on other calculating the variable is fine and is set to number.
Anyone have a good idea??

This is a bit off topic, but if it is set as text: is the destination var a text variable then? Only numerical calculations are supported. Most likely that isn’t it. Homey can be picky with spaces, and mobile interfaces tend to put them where they shouldn’t me. So my tip is to use the web interface, remove all spaces and make sure you use double accolades, not single. If that doesn’t work, make a new topic and show us what you’ve got exactly.

Hi I’m not sure if this is off topic. This is a error that came about after the update to v5. Seems like the web interfaces is having trouble with setting variable names on logic flows. After checking for a while it looks like a issue is with https://my.homey.app/ Flow section.
Editing flows her {{https://flow.homey.app/}} and on my mobile seem to work fine.
But if you have a suggestion where to put this bug ill be happy to post it there :slight_smile:

Inform Athom using the feedback button on the beta interface. Or describe it in a ticket for support. The Arhom developer will definitely look at it. Specially if you can share a working flow created from mobile or the flows. site and a non-working flow from the my. site.

As it is not an Homey v5.0.0 issue you could also create a topic with the issue described with details so the community can verify and it isn’t fe not your browser or addblocker. We can share the link to Athom developer after verification her it is an issue.

Hi all,

I hope the community can help me out here.
Two weeks ago I have upgraded my homey to stable 5.0.0, updated all apps, and reconnected almost all Tradfri devices through the Ikea Tradfri app (not the gateway app) and let the mesh network build up including aqara sensors.
All was working fine until Thursday evening when suddenly none of the zigbee devices were working anymore. Aqara sensors do not trigger flows and when I try to turn on/off a light in the Homey app I get a notification “Cannot communicate with the device”.

The following remediation actions I have already undertaken in this order:

• PtP, and waited around 30 minutes before starting up Homey again
  • Changed plug to a more powerful one (5V, 3.1A)
  • Updated firmware to v.5.0.1
  • Reset Homey while keeping the data, and let the mesh network build up over night

The mesh network seems to be built up according to the overview on the developer site.

However, none of the actions helped out and all zigbee devices (Tradfri and Aqara) connected directly to Homey do not work. So I am basically out of ideas.

Tested turning on/off the lights via Homey app that are still connected through the Tradfri Gateway, and these I still can control.

Anybody any other suggestion?

Edit: Interviewing immediately shows an error “Interview failed (error: timed out)”
Also trying to (re-)connect a zigbee device does not work (does not connect)

Edit: Solution can be found in my post below in this thread.

Have you tried to click on Interview and the push the button of the not working device?
Or first push the button on the device to wake it up and then click Interview.
That is how my zigbee shows his route from a couple devices.

Dijker: Edwin_D:

Thanks. Will do.