Homey V5 (Discussion about v5 before it was released to stable)

That’s an pretty accurate summary @Adrian_Rockall

Then I totally misunderstood the question from @peltsi51, sorry.
And @Adrian_Rockall had a nice summery below ur post.

3 Likes

Just another info that V5 will be released this week. But I can’t say how reliable the source is.

Don’t think he has more info than we do. He probably received the same e-mail als we all did. First an e-mail saying it will be released in a few weeks, and late last week an e-mail stating the v5 will be released to experimental this week.

As you can see in a couple of replies on FB people don’t seem to understand why there is an experiential channel. I do not agree with the name as it doesn’t really reflect what is going on (eg they say they are RC’s, which in fact they are not). But still, for the most stable, you don’t go into experimental.

I fully agree with @Adrian_Rockall . I think that’s the way it’ll work.

I now even received a message from the homey app my homey will be upgraded to v5 tonight. Now I don’t have automatic updates enabled, but I think they are really trying to inform everyone.

2 Likes

#chaosje <3 nice!. hm. so tonight, lets see how it goes

Chaos!

3 Likes

V5 RC 17 just got released to experimental

Smart Presence is a SDK1 app, doesn’t work anymore. Other that that, all my apps work.

1 Like

Are you also using Zigbee?

Yes but not with homey… so no problems for me

1 Like

The smart presence app does indeed no longer work. SDK version is not supported

almost everything works fine.

I have a lot of IKEA zigbee devices and they seem to respond well

I only found only problems with Robb smarrt’s new app. V2.0.2
This app was automatically updated after the homey v5 update
I can no longer start a scene with my wall controlers (z-wave)

The connection is good because the signal comes in on the devolper page when I press a button.

If I create a new flow and choose “a scene is activated” then the list is empty and I cannot select a scene.

We have created a list in the German forum which app works and with which there are problems. You are welcome to add the list to the English forum and keep it up.

Which version of the smart presence app doesn’t work? The official app store app or the community app store app?

Neither work, both are created in SDKv1. As far as I know at least.

1 Like

Does anyone have any experience on the zigbee rewrite, has the zigbee operation gone any better?

The version in the bitbucket says in app.json “compatibility”: “>=2”

Shouldn’t this mean that it works with sdk3 or is there more to it than that?

That’s the firmware compatibility, not the SDK compatibility. So the app is compatible with firmware v2 and up (which, yes, also includes firmware v5, but when the developer wrote the app he didn’t know that from v5 onwards his app would stop working; technically it should now read >=2 <5)

2 Likes

(FIBARO Motion Sensor and FIBARO DoorWindow Sensor 2 ) after the reset, after a few hours, the tamper alarm again (5.0.0-rc.17 and Fibaro 2.4.6) and (5.0.0-rc.17 and Fibaro 3.0.0З)