Homey V5 (Discussion about v5 before it was released to stable)

I see… Did you do anything when you updated? I have 3 ikea devices and 2 philips hue and they’re all dead… When restarting Homey it takes a long time for the devices to initialize, but then nothing happens… When going to settings and zigbee in the Homey app, all I see is this:

I only installed the test version of the Ikea app, then it worked beautifully immediately, Philips hue have only been added since a week or 2, was already on Homey v5 then.
That error message does seem, if a ptp doesn’t work, that something went wrong with updating to Homey v5, might need a message to Athom support.

I also made a sdk2 app with no zwave and zigbee by doesn’t work in sdk2, so alsosdk2 apps might not work in sdk3

I was also on Homey v5 before I installed the Tradfri and Philips Hue app. Even though the routing of the Hue lamps is not shown correctly in Developer, both the Hue lamps, the innr lamps and the Tradfri devices work fine. All beta apps.

No, you are not alone :slight_smile: :frowning:
But my Zigbee was broken with 4.20, no Zigbee device could be reached.

Installed 5.0 and linked all Zigbee devices again…since this, everything works fine and stable at the moment. Waiting vor the Xiaomi app to be available to include all Aqara devices again and I will see what’s happen.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately still doesn’t work.

Although I need do say my homey seems to be a bit buggy in general lately (also on v4) it would often be really slow (large delays in controls) or just not seem to execute flows as it use to (nothing changed by me physically or in config). Would it be software or hw already getting near to EoL…

Maybe try PTP.

Tried to replace the PowerPlug?

@JPe4619 Nope I’ll try a different adapter and cable.

@DirkG hehe I looked up PTP, found Precision Time Protocol…and thought, how can I do anything like that with Homey. But pulling the plug has been done (incl. Waiting).

It is kind of odd how for example INNR seems to work fine with some and not with others though. I’m on 1st gen homey (early 2016). You guys any different maybe?

INNR: I use the beta v2.0.3 and it works fine for me (OSL 130 C and 2x RF264).

Homey Pro (Early 2019)

What would be the benefit of a new power plug compared to the one athom provides with the device? Just curious, cause I read the advice on more places on the forum, but never saw a clear reason. Is the stock power plug (adapter/cable) too light? Or does it quickly malfunction?

It just sucks after some time.

But can you be more clear? Does the power adapter becomes instable or gives less power over time and as a result homey will respons slower/laggy?

For some people it breaks down very quickly an for others after years, for me it was after ~3 years.
the problem is that it doesn’t break down completely at ones, but the performance goes down very slow, so it looks that it stil works, but it can not deliver the little extra power that it needs for some (communication) tasks.

1 Like

@JPe4619 thanks for the reply. That helps. And athom haven’t fixed the issue with later Homeys? Like is the power adapter from the 2019 version identical to the one of 2016?

You better ask Athom, I can’t tell you.

Does anyone know when the normal v5 version will be released? (Indication before 2021?)
I had domoticz with RFXCOM and a lot of KAKU. Now also aqara, but reception of KAKA and Aqara is very bad, sometimes an hour of data is missing. Hope that with the V5 the reception with ZIGBEE will be better. Send (TX) from the homey is fine. It is a pity that the KAKU receiver of the Homey is also significantly worse compared to the RFXCOM. Would like to switch to more ZIGBEE if this is better with V5.
The 2 fibaro Rgbww dimmers are doing well by the way.

1 not until the biggest zigbee apps have been updated to support Homey v5 (that includes aqara).
2 not before it is deemed stable enough, which can be between now and after 2022.
3 Athom will only give an ETA if they have the update pretty much done for 99.9%, and that is usually only a day ahead.

So in short, no ETA will ever be given.

So I’m posting a little update on my zigbee problem. It turned out to be a software bug and Athom needed to send me a special update which restored my zigbee network. So if anyone else have problems with zigbee not working at all, I think this will be a fix in the next update?

Anyways, now I have another problem. I have different flows that have scene triggers. When a button is pushed and a scene is triggered let us say on a fibaro dimmer 2, something else should happen. The problem is that homey does not register the push. When I trigger the flow within the app, everything works, but the “If” card with the “Button scene” is not picked up by homey. Anyone have a solution here?

That would mean that we could track progress ourselves.

1. How is the progress with zigbee and other apps? All the apps I use are now compatible, but then I do not have any zigbee devices. Which (popular) apps still need updating? Are there any popular abandoned apps left that are incompatible?
  2. I suffer no downtime or any problems whatsoever, how about you guys?

Personally I have just migrated an abandoned app from SDK v1 to SDK v2 (SSH client) and published that one (compatible with V5).
I also created a brand new app from scratch based on SDK v3 (KNMI Netherlands).
That last one I cannot publish because it is not compatible with the current stable version of Homey :frowning:. And I’d like to publish, so would not mind for V5 to be released.