Homey weather variable and led ring colors

Homey has just launch the weather led ring screensaver and has the variable “weather” in the tag for sometime now. Anyone knows what the colors are for the respective variables of the weather? I’m thinking of using it in my flows but so far I’ve only seen “clouds” in my variables and the animation has been spectrum or just white…

I searched the knowledge base but did not find any answers. Trying to see what I can use for my flows.

3 Likes

I’ve been using using this screen saver for about 4 months now. I can say after much testing … I have no idea, I believe it has more to do with the ‘type’ of weather rather then anything to do with the temperature. As even when it was 46c it didn’t really look any different.

The rain / lightning is pretty obvious, but other than that … shrug

It is indeed based upon the weather state(s), cloudy = white, sunny = light blue with a splash of yellow going around, rain = white with flashing white led’s

1 Like

I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to thank you Caseda!

I found this screensaver option when I browsed around in the app and selected it immediately since in my view it’s the only screensaver that has any practical use. I tried to find info about the different patterns online but missed this thread so I just guessed…and it turned out I guessed quite correct (wasn’t that hard to be honest…but it’s always nice to get it confirmed!).

Also, I think there is a pattern for thunderstorms…during the only thunderstorm we had this summer I think I noticed yellow flashes in the rain pattern, but I’m not sure.

Does anyone know where Homey gets the weather information from?