Homey went offline/ crash

Also try another USB cable. Bad cables can definitely have a negative influence on delivered power.

Homey takes what it needs. So even when attaching a 6A adapter, Homey takes what it needs.
So thatā€™s why the minimum of 2.1A.

@PetervdK Iā€™m using the original cable it came withā€¦ what would be a good substitute? I just read a post where someone had used a longer cable and it was giving issuesā€¦

@Rocodamelshekima yes but how much is enough? I mean, shouldnā€™t athom have sent a powerful enough adapter?

If the adapter fails, just send an email to Athom and they will replace it.
So make sure it is at least like the original!

Any other normal working USB to USB mini cable should apply.

thatā€™s the point, it didnā€™t failā€¦ but they still told me to replace it, and given your suggestion 2 A is not enoughā€¦

ok thank you peter

Then try 3A and see if it fix ur problems. But i would suggest start looking at ur network.

itā€™s not the network and since using a 2.1A iā€™m not getting the red ring anymoreā€¦ at least so farā€¦

i hope this helps someone else as wellā€¦

like i didnā€™t say itā€¦ just got a red ringā€¦ couple secondsā€¦

As this isnā€™t because of ur network (like u stated), and not because of the adapter but maybe the cable, i am out of options. Hope someone else has some good suggestions.

@Rocodamelshekima thank you but you helped a lotā€¦ i think itā€™s adapter really, as despite the occasional red ring with a bit more powerful adapter itā€™s more stable. tomorrow iā€™ll try and get a 3A and see if even the red ring disappears for goodā€¦
of course any suggestion will be welcome, but i really think itā€™s the power

1 Like

I had the same problems a few weeks ago. With a new 2.4A adapter my problems are solved.

@Peter_de_Vos thank you. today i got a 3.1A adapter and since installing it the system seems stable like it has never been.
Also some issues I had with devices not responding in the right way seem gone.

ty all for your help

1 Like