Homeydash.com, a Homey dashboard

hi guys,

1st: thank you for this approach.

2nd: i think i missed a step or did something wrong, because i cannot see anything on the personalized homeydash.com site:

I fellowed the steps:

1. login to homey ink. - done
  2. copy token from the console - done
  3. paste token after: https://homeydash.com/?theme=web&lang=en&token= -done but nothing is visible (see screenshot)

questions.
a. did i missed something?
b. is homeydash accessible from everywhere?

thanks again and maybe someone could help me?homeydash

Try to delete cache in Chrome and refresh.

@KvM, @Tino
Your sensor with 95% left showing up at the top of the list is a coincidence, but I’ve applied sorting now.

@Eduardo_Rodriguez
You’re welcome!

@Jorden
That’s weird, it’s one item that is read from the language file while there are way more, Did the page show any texts at that time? Does is still occur?

@Daniel_S
A Czech translation would be cool! Until now I’ve only been testing with the sensors you can see in my screenshots and the capabilities I’ve mentioned in the changelog. Thanks for informing me, formatting of these values will be added in a future version.

@Gisle_Johnsen
We’ve been thoroughly testing the touch-and-hold function, can you describe under what circumstances this happens? How long do you press, when do you let go?

@mazpo
Please try the alternative method, click on the link in the console after a successful login at homey.ink and replace the app.homey.ink/?theme=kobo-h2o for homeydash.com/?theme=web in the address bar. (and do make sure you do a reload of the page, not a refresh)

@mazpo i had to add devices to my favorites and flows to my favorites via the homey app on phone to get them to show up. little cogwheel next to the line Favorite Devices ----------- *

I get the same as mazpo on my Samsung tab s2

screenshot with the colortempersture from a bulb.

@Fred
Please click on the link in the console after you successfully logged in at homey.ink. If the default dashboard (black/white) is opened replace app.homey.ink/?theme=kobo-h2o for homeydash.com/?theme=web in the address bar.
If the default dashboard is not opened there is something wrong with the token and you will have to change the password of your Athom account.

@marcel_ridder
Thanks, thats a rounding issue, thus fixable. I do like to know the brand/type of the bulb.

the bulb is from Ikea (zigbee).

Great initiative! The missing of a web dashboard is a big thing.

Since it is not an official app, what about security? I’m a little bit scared to give an unofficial webapp access to controll my Homey. Is my fear unjustified, or are there risks using initiatives like this?

1 Like

Using a cumputer and chrome with web.css and ipad.css, the issue is when the value is displayed.

After long push when a value is displayed, the device (Ikea bulb (zigbee) ) toggles to on or off
This does not happen with my Android TAB using chrome
This is how it behaves.

On without value -> Long push, value on, and device still on
On with value -> Long push, value off and device goes off

Off without value -> Long push, value on and device still off
Off with value -> Long push, value off and device goes on

And the long push is longer then 3 seconds aye?

Aye :slight_smile:

@NVB9
That’s a good question! As you may have seen the login takes place at the official Athom authentication infrastructure so that should be assuring enough, I expect Homey users to at least trust Athom. When connecting to homeydash.com there is no code executed at the server serving homeydash.com. All scripts that make the connection with your Homey are run in the browser with which you open homeydash.com, the webserver just hosts the files and sends them to your device. The homeydash.com code is open source and available here: https://github.com/daneedk/homeydash.com for everyone to look at.
If you want to be in total control you can run this code on your own webserver off choice.

@Gisle_Johnsen
There is a timeout period in which the click action is blocked when a touch-and-hold is used. The tile switches to the next value after 300 msec after the touch-and-hold started, if you hold it for 3 seconds the timeout preventing the click action may very well be expired. I’ll see if I can tweak it a bit, but my first suggestion would be to release the tile shortly after the value has changed.

4 Likes

Well, now for some reason it is working as you describe…
Maybe some cahe or something, but all fine now…
I think it may have been something on my side, sorry about that :blush:

1 Like

Works correctly now!

I can confirm, from my profession, that what Danee is describing, is how this project works. All code is running in your browser, not in the cloud nor at Athom servers. Athom is only providing a secure login.

6 Likes

Also homeydash.com is running https so your connection is secured as well.

4 Likes

How do I change the dim level? Holding the tile shows the dim level, but how do I change it?

You can’t, currently only switching devices on and off is supported.

Find the custom made (credits to @DaneedeKruyff) icons!!

3 Likes