Homeydash.com, a Homey dashboard

I uses Fully Kiosk Browser on my Android tablet to secure it.
Brighness is part of Android, but Fully Kiosk Browser has also the motion in front of camera, does work ok.
In android I also use the sleep periode from Android it self. So tablet switches off at 23.00 and on at 7.30 Switch on sometimes does not work, then have to push the button :slight_smile:

Further I disabled all apps which I donā€™t need, In Android you can configure each application if it is allowed to run. That way all pre installed (google) apps can be killed. And additional cant be updated.

Tablet itself if fully locked down by Full Kiosk Browser, with an auto refresh of the page set at 5 minutes, otherwise the background (buienradar) is not updated.

2 Likes

How do you set motion in front by using kiosk?

When i enable kiosk and pin the chrome desktop page i have no setting to turn any motion on or off
Also when kiosk is enabled the other apps i used (motion detection and tasker) donā€™t work anymore.

@B3rt Settings, scroll down to Motion detection which is a PLUS feature mostly.

1 Like

Do you already found a solution for the expiring token problem? Iā€™m also having this problem. Expired already 2 times nowā€¦

I have never ever had any expired token, for months now. Curious, do you guys logoff regular from website or from app?

I never logoff, I only login (if requested) and are always logged in on my smartphone. Playing with other users never on my primary phone, but only using Bluestack on a computer or other devices.

Sometimes I login on my work and logout thanā€¦ But thatā€™s just on the website. Not on homeydash. Iā€™m only using that on one tablet.

So I have no idea why the token is expiring.

As far as i understood, the token is renewed on logging out and in. So if that is correct, you gave the reason yourself already.

Nope, just expires at random, never log out of any of the apps never logon or off on the website.
Must be some app triggering it or something, but since logs are only visable for athom employees and the homeydash is a unsupported application we can do nothing about this problem. Only pray to the athom gods that it get some attention before 2025.

Best not tell @DaneedeKruyff !

1 Like

Unsupported by athom, danee is great!
But he cannot do anything about the tokens that are generated by athomā€¦
Danee his hours of work are made criple by a athom bug that is very low on the list of athom(or probebly not even on the list.)

2 Likes

Dunno if itā€™s a general bug tho. Never have to log in again here.

Yep, we do not know some users get a token for lifetime use, some have to get a new one for the 8th time like me, but since it is magicaly genetated by athom we do not know.
Just like some users have logins working forever with other apiā€™s like tado,google,spotify etc and some users need to reconnect constantly.
I think it is related to the dayly reboot i have setup because bluetooth stops working if homey does not restart every day and memory gets full.

So we can assume you already reported this to Athom support?

Yes off course i did, but since it is a ā€œhackey fridayā€™ā€™ project it is unsupported.
At least i never got a reply.
Homeydash is great, the website devs and hosting is fantastic.
It is just super annoying to have to get a new token at random times, something the homeydash dev cannot do anything about.

Login and out in general? Or just on homeydash on a specific deviceā€¦

I will check ik outā€¦

I had sometimes an expired token, but thought it was because i sometimes have to restart my modem.
Or Maybe because it wasā€™t used for too long?

Is it possible to when pressing and switching between values on a device also se when it got values the last time.
It would be interesting to see that the values you see is not 5 days old :wink:

I also have to get a new token at random moments, usually about 8-10 weeks apart. I have a seperate user for the tablet and did nothing that could effect the login or anything else, just all of a sudden the page does not work anymore. Also very inconvenient to get the whole new token on to the tablet I use for the dashboard, not to mention it always happens when my wife wants to use it :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Other than this Athom-related bug nothing but a big thanks to the creators of Homedash, it is really great!

Just a thought for the people that have tokens that stop working after some time, it might be because of your ISP is using dynamic IPā€™s and changes your (home) IP, not sure if they are related to each other, but seems pretty viable.

My external IP has not changed during the time the token expired, so I assume this cannot be the reason (in my case anyway).