Homey Community Forum

Homeydash on Google Nest hub

Hello

I made a virtual device called Dashboard and this Dashboard I start every 30 Minutes on the google Nest hub with Google Chromecast. This works great. But the “saved settings” on the nest hub like "zoom setting, clock, which netatmo measure for example (look at the attached device), i have to make new every day. Do you have an idea, what to do, that this will save correctly on the google nest hub?

Unfortunately, you can’t save the settings on a (Nest) Hub. It does not provide that functionality. I understood this is because it has no full browser capabilities.
So you will have to wait until Google implements that (if they ever will).

In the mean time can try to run your own dashboard locally as explained here: Homey.ink, an e-ink Homey dashboard
Homey.ink on a tablet/desktop

When running ur own dashboard, does the hub save the settings?
And the topic u mentioned is about the kobo reader?

Hello, thank you for help. I want to try following link:
GitHub - PeterKawa/PeterDeeDash: Dashboard based on homeydash.com & dash.homeycornelisse.nl. Do you mean this locally link with the Micro Web Server App?

@PetervdK : Did you write the PeterDeeDash instruction?

Hi Ronny, indeed I found and adjusted instructions (& mentioned the sources) and made the dash adjustments to be able to display all available tile values, and I adjusted the layout a bit for Android tablets. But the Google hub layout is also present.
While not having that device, I don’t know if the fonts are of usable size.
Afaik, using it on a Google Hub will make no difference compared to an online dash in case of adjustments made using the dash menu. It seems the ‘cast’ method can’t use cookies to store your adjustments, something like that.
While my adjustments to the tile values are default, they should be displayed while casting the dash.
As I said, I don’t own a Ghub, so it’s not proven / acknowledged yet.
Feel free ask any Q about it
Cheers

No need, those are hard-coded by my desire.

Sorry, wrong dash topic again… :blush:

1 Like

Never heard of it, so i don’t think i did… :grin:
I assume @Peter_Kawa did…