HomeyKit

Are you sure you’re using Homeykit and not the built-in experimental Homekit support?

I have installed the app.
Then i can choose 2 homey’s one has Pro in the name so i choose that one because i have a Homey pro.
I see now als a second on de Homey with a nummer if i choose that one it works.
Thanks

Hi @robertklep, since some days, sadly I do not know exactly since when, the HomeyKit App doesn’t work anymore. When I want to ad or delete some devices in Home Kit and go to “Configure App” the following issue is shown:

I deleted the App and installed v3.0.16. The routine for adding devices in Home Kit worked. Status changes are also displayed correctly between Homey and Home Kit. However, I cannot make any changes in the HomeyKit app afterwards.
I tried also v3.0.17 (Community App Store) and v3.0.18 Experimental. All the same problem.
Homey FW v5.0.0-rc.44
Home-Pod FW iOS 14.2

Any ideas?

Could it be caused by either firmware v5 or a recent update of the firmware? The settings page loads some additional files over the Internet, so your phone needs to have a working connection.

EDIT: I just updated a test version: https://homey.app/a/com.swttt.homekit/test/

Try and see if that works better.

1 Like

Yes, now it works. You’re brilliant! :+1:t3:
Thank you very much!

Hi @robertklep, it’s me again, sorry.
Now I have the problem that the status of the homey devices in Apple Home is not updated. My Apple automation “When I arrive at home / When I leave home” which submits the status via virtual switch to Homey does not work anymore.
What I tried so far:

• WLAN on iPhone switched off/on
  • Apple HomePod (Home Kit Central) restarted (PTP)
  • WLAN router restarted
  • “Clear HomeKit storage and start over.” including restart of the app
  • Homey FW updated to version 5.0.0-rc.46 (= restart Homey)
  • HomeyKit version v3.0.16 installed + Apple HomePod PTP + HomeyKit restarted (without success) therefore still "Clear HomeKit storage and start over. including restart of the app

Current versions:
Homey FW 5.0.0-rc.46
HomeyKit v3.0.16 (works now again)
iOS 14.2
Homey and Apple HomePod have static IP address

What I haven’t done yet is delete all devices in Apple Home Kit, uninstall/install the HomeyKit app and set everything up again.
Do you have any more ideas what I could try?

Did you try a PTP on Homey? You don’t happen to have a separate network segment for Homey and/or other IoT devices?

Same problem here :disappointed:

App Version: 3.0.19
Homey RC: 5.0 RC 44, with RC38 everything was fine.

Apple TV ptp, Homey restart etc all done.
Devices are in status „no answer“.
IP Range is the same.

If everything was fine in rc38 and it broke in rc44, I’ll have to conclude that there’s an issue with rc44 :stuck_out_tongue:

No, only restart after FW update.

No, WLAN mesh with one SSID.

It still worked this morning. But before FW Homey update it broke already.

Tomorrow I will do a PTP first and I will inform you.

@Tequila329, to avoid possible problems with the WLAN and/or router, which router do you have?
I have a Fritzbox 7590 with 2 E1750 repeaters.
FW Fritzbox 7590: 07.24-84071 LABORATORY
FW E1750 Repeater: 7.20

Unify AP + USG
No changes since a few weeks. My gut feeling is more the last RC change from 38 to 43/44.

Ok, hopefully WLAN should not be the problem then.

Yesterday morning I used Siri voice commands and I already had rc.44 FW installed. In the meantime I installed rc.46 and then found out that the issue is there. If rc.46 is the reason for the problem, I do not know.

If the problem is RC-related (any version), we’ll have to wait and see until v5 becomes stable so I can test it. I don’t run experimental firmware on my Homey (even though I don’t really use it, I’m not inclined to break it).

PTP didn’t solved this issue. Would be a diagnostic report helpful?

If I contact Athom they will say that the app developer is responsible. In your opinion is there anything what I can say Athom what I can’t now at this moment? Any suggestions? E.g. it could be that the code xy doesn’t work anymore?

No :slight_smile: But it may be helpful to check what’s being logged on console when you run it from the command line.

Since I have no idea what the problem is, I don’t know what to tell them. And if you contact them, you are indeed likely going to be referred back to the developer.

I don’t know how to do that… :man_shrugging:t3:

@fantross
Through CLI with command „homey app run“ instead of „homey app install“

You can find instructions elsewhere on the forum :slight_smile: Otherwise you’ll have to wait, because like I said, I don’t intend to install the v5 experimental firmware on my Homey.

Well that, and also checking out the app code from Github, installing Node.js, etc…

You’re funny! If I have a guideline, I will get it done. But without a guideline it is like dropping me off in the Sahara without a compass. :joy:
I’m logged in and then just “homey app run” from the command line? Or do I have to go into a specific folder (HomeyKit), or do I have to download the HomeyKit code from GitHub first? If so, where can I find the code?