HomeyKit

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the fast response!
Below the information in screenshot…

The issue is that Homeykit uses “50%” when the state is set to “idle” (which is the case in your situation).

It looks like @Phuturist assumes that windowcoverings_state reflects the state of the device while active (so it’s either “going up”, “going down” or “stopped”), whereas Homeykit assumes that it reflects the state of the device in rest (either “open/up” or “closed/down”).

I don’t know who’s right here, these things are not well documented, but it makes sense that it reflects the active state. It looks I can shuffle things around in Homeykit a bit so it will start using windowcoverings_set instead of windowcoverings_state to reflect the position.

Here’s a test version to try out (v3.0.16): https://homey.app/a/com.swttt.homekit/test/

1 Like

Hi Robert!

Many thanks!
I installed the test version and now it looks perfect!

When a final release will come, do I need to remove this test version or will it be updated automatically?

Thanks again!

PS: what was the reason that you left the Homey platform? I read that you moved to HA.

Thanks for testing! Once I release this version as stable, the version you’re running will also become stable automatically (at least, I think it will).

As for leaving Homey: I initially moved to HA because my Homey got bricked and had to be sent back, but afterwards HA worked so well for me I just never went back.

1 Like

Hello @robertklep,

could you plese help me also for my problem?

Also if my blinds are closed the home app shows them as “opening” and not “open”.

Thanks

Philipp

I don’t think I understand your problem entirely. Do you mean that it’s always showing “opening”, no matter if you’re opening or closing it?

hello robert,

no no only when the rollo shutter is opening but also when it‘s open, wenn it‘s closed then it‘s shown as closed.

thanks

So instead of “open” it’s showing “opening”? But when it’s closed it’s showing “closed” and not “closing”?

correct

What type of device is it specifically? Brand and model.

The text shown for the button in the Home app is not under control of Homeykit, so I don’t think there’s a lot I can do about it, but perhaps the implementation of the driver may provide some clues.

hello robert,

i use the fibaro roller shutter 2.

best regards

philipp

Sadly, the Fibaro app code isn’t available so I cannot see if perhaps the device doesn’t “dim” from 0—1 but from 0—0.99 or 0.01—1.0 or something, which could explain why it’s being shown as “opening” instead of “open”.

So there’s not much I can do here. It’s not something obvious in the Homeykit app that I can change, it has to do with the specific device’s capabilities.

Ok thanks a lot.

Could you implemet in homeykit maybe that the the samsung tv, used with the app Samsung TV, is shown as tv and not as switch?

thanks

philipp

@robertklep Not sure if it’s already been discussed, but I’ve added my UniFi Protect camera’s to Homey, but in Homey they’re showing as motion sensors instead of cameras.

Any way we can get them added as actual cameras?

No sorry, Homeykit doesn’t support camera’s at all. It’s also a bit of a moot point to expose them from Homey because camera-support in Homey is limited itself.

Hi,

I’m using Homeykit and Aqara curtains, since the last update, it no longer functions. Is there an update on it’s way:)?

Possibly. Try the current test version to see if that solves your problem: https://homey.app/a/com.swttt.homekit/test/

I’ve installed HomeyKit, it looks promising. But I have an Auping bed, and its Homey app. But HomeyKit doesn’t show those devices in HomeKit. Probably because a bed isn’t a valid device but I can imagine that a switch, dimmer or fan does the trick?

It indeed depends on what type of “device class” your bed is given in its Homey app, and also the capabilities it has.

It states “other” in the developer portal of homey. And it has three motors with “enum” as type. But the most used function is all the way up or down.