Homey Community Forum

Homey's "is playing"-card for Sonos doesn't work after ± 2 weeks

I have a flow for my bathroom, that checks (when motion is detected), if my Sonos is playing. If not, it starts the latest source and pauses efter 10 minutes.

After about two weeks (I have not been able to time it perfectly yet), the “is playing” check is suddenly failing, even though it’s definitely not playing. Restarting the Sonos speaker doesn’t fix it, so it’s something in the (Sonos-app on) Homey that fails.

Anyone else who also notices this? And if yes, anyone who has found a solution? The only way I can seem to fix it now, is by removing the Sonos-speaker from Homey and adding it again. This is just quite a hassle for the different flows, because the “new” device has to be added again.

What version of the Sonos app do you use?

I’m using V4.2.0

I can’t remember if I tried to restart the app, so I’m going to try that when I get home.

I use the Beta version 5.0.7. and it works good and more stable here.
You have to re-include your speakers after installing 5.0.7.
It lets you group/ungroup speakers and switch to line-in on a Connect and more.
Check it out in the Homey app store.

I currently only own one speaker, so it’s fine for me to try the beta, thanks! I’ll probably return in a few weeks, if it happens again with the “is playing” card.

I’ve had similar issues with the volume card.
The flow sets the louder volume in the morning and quieter in the evening. Saves from shouting in panic “Alexa, volume 3” when sonos starts blasting music at night:)

It’s working after removing the sonos app and reinstalling to the newest version.
I guess I needed to do it twice already, Sonos app could have been a bit more stable.

I didn’t even consider the fact that all cards could’ve stopped working, since it stops after “is playing”! Let’s hope the beta is better :smiley: