[APP][Pro] Honeywell Evohome discussion topic

Via the app store

I did not reported it back , but my problems with the sensor are gone! It works like intended now.
Thx a lot!

For the Beta users: version 2.1.4 has just been released in the app store. It has the following new features:

• If login settings are missing, you will be prompted during pairing
  • New action card: Cancel all manual adjustments (in every zone)

This version will be released to stable soon. But new features are coming to Beta soon:

• Temporary adjustments for a zone ( select 1-24 hours)
  • Temoprary adjustments for a system (quickaction) [ 1 - 168 hours ]
  • Full settings reset ( cancel all adjustments, go back to ‘Auto’ quickaction )

Version 2.1.4 has now been released as stable.

IMPORTANT: You will need to re-enter your username + password in the App’s settings. Otherwise the new version will not work.

Please report any issues you might have. Thanks!

It updated automaticly, and the settings where taking from the old app, i changed a temperature to confirm of it worked and it did.

Just for info :slight_smile:

I’ve should have clarified myself, re-entering username / password is only necessary if you are upgrading from version 1, i.e. from stable to stable. I think you were already on beta, so then the settings are preserved.

Dag Ralf. Sinds de laatste update naar v2.1.4 werkt de Evohome app niet meer. Volgens je instructie heb ik gebruikersnaam en wachtwoord opnieuw ingevoerd in de app, maar het lijkt erop dat Homey deze niet opslaat. Als ik uit de instellingen ga en vervolgens weer terugga zijn de tekstvakken nog gevuld met de eerder door mij ingegeven gegevens. Save changes lijkt niet te werken. Homey herstarten lost dit niet op. Wat te doen?

When you press ‘save changes’ , does it change to ‘settings saved’ ? Are you using IOS or Android?

Otherwise, do a restart of the app, configure the app by submitting your username password again, wait 10 minutes and then ‘create diagnostics report’ Then I’ll get some logs where I can hopefully determine what went wrong in your case.

Sorry, forgot to mention I am still using homey version 1.5.13. For the time being I prefer working on my laptop. When I press ‘save changes’ , it does not change to ‘settings saved’. Is the Homey version te cause? If this is the case, is it possible to go back to the previous version op the EVO Home app?

Are you able to generate a ‘diagnostics report’ ? Then I might be able to see why you can’t ’save changes’. Or maybe you are able to use the Chrome developer tools to see what happens when you press ’save changes’.

Unless you are able to install from GitHub via the command-line, I don’t think it is possible to roll-back. And the old version uses an old login method to Evohome which fails often. So it is not vary stable anyway.

If you send me the diagnostics report and checkout the developer options in the chrome browser, I will check options.

Another option, if the current settings are empty, is to simulate adding a device, then it will check if username/password have been filled in. If not: it will ask for username password. Maybe saving settings from there will work.

Crash log 6F7F9711DE. Simulate adding didn’t work. Get screen ‘follow instructions’, which stays empty and nothing happens, no request for username password. I am not familiar with Chrome developer. Hope you can solve the problem.

Unfortunately, this is a crashlog towards Athom, not towards my. If I remember correctly, in the webbrowser, go to settings, apps and then control-click on Evohome. Then you’ll get the option to submit an app diagnostics report.

Hi Ralf, i never got that message setting saved, i just noticed that the fields would stay filled and figured it was ok. (and it was), just for info!

Hmm, I changed it (based on feedback) but that is only in 2.1.5 , which isn’t released yet to stable/beta. So indeed, you won’t see ‘settings changed’.

@Piet_Raaijmakers can you make some screenshots where you see the settings page, try to change settings, save them and then when you go back it isn’t saved? You can also send me a DM via this forum, to hide your email address etc. for the public.

Can’t enter App settings in the webbrowser anymore (…/tools/app-settings) Only accessable with Homey firmware version >=2.0.0., it says. So I can’t generate a crash report the way you told me.
I noticed, I can however open ‘devices’ and see that all values of EVO devices are real time displayed correctly; while the EVO app and EVO devices in the Homey Desktop App don’t respond. While I’m writing this I have to correct myself, because apparently a miracle happend: suddenly it all seems to be working again in the desktop app. Don’t know how, don’t know why!
For now, thanks for your attempt to help me. I’ll contact you if the problem occurs again, which hopefully will not be the case.

Good to hear that it is working again. Not so good to hear that apparently some parts are not working correctly in Homey 1.5 anymore. But I am not sure I will be able to fix that, as I don’t have access to Homey 1.5 .

Version 2.1.9 has been released in the Beta channel, it has the following new features:

• Display Evohome login errors in the timeline on start-up of the app
  • New Quickaction: AutoReset ; this will cancel all adjustments and start following the programmed schedule again
  • New action card: temporary zone adjustments ; tell Evohome to change temperature just for x amount of hours. It will automatically change back without Homey intervention. This will also be displayed in other Evohome consoles (display, app etc )
  • New action card: temporary quickaction adjustment ; tell Evohome to change quickaction for x amount for hours. It will automatically change back without Homey intervention. This will also be displayed in other Evohome consoles (display, app etc )

When there are no complaints from Beta users, it will be promoted to stable later this week.

Feedback is always appreciated!

Version 2.19 is now available as stable.

1 Like

@ralfvd
Is the evohome app still working for 1.5.13?
Did not find any remarks it is not.

My issue is:

1. Still running homey at 1.5.13
  2. Just installed the app (so 2.1.9)
  3. Filled the evohome username and password in the settings screen
  4. Switch to devices, Selected Add device and then honeywell evohome
  5. It only shows “Thermostat” with an HR92 icon
  6. Press the thermostat icon
  7. A window “ follow the instructions shows”
  8. But nothing happens, just white window with the “follow the instructions” header

Do I do something wrong?

What I tried:

1. Restart the evohome app
  2. Remove and re install evohome app
  3. Reboot homey (with app installed)