[APP][Pro] Honeywell Evohome discussion topic

Hi!

I am happily using this app since ± 6 months now. My setup: I have multiple rooms with multiple thermostats connected to the Honeywell Evohome. All rooms gave (low temp) floor heating which is controlled by (2) HCE80.

Since a week I am monitoring some data and creating some graphs. I notice that the data reported by the (this) Honeywell Evohome app is only written to the database when something changes. In principle this is a very good approach of course.

So for example: if the set temperature of a room changes twice a day the set temperature is reported to the database twice a day.

In my case I would like to add some more datapoints to the database. Is there a way to have the set & measured temperature written to the (Homey) database in specific time intervals as an option?

This is a nice to have, as said: app works perfect and stable!

Hi,

Are you planning to implement the hot water module soon?

You can see here some source code:

Or the evohome async

Thanks!

@ralfvd
I received an update of my evohome firmware: including weather compensation.

Are these values controlled via an API too? (Dont know how to figure that out, maybe you know)
If they are, is it possible to add it to the app?
Would be great to change the Compensation based on the outside temperature. (Not something evohome offers, but peanuts for homey :grinning:)

image image image

2 Likes

Would be a great combi with the new KNMI app by the way :grinning:
IF KNMI temp tomorrow is <-5
THEN change evohome compensation to +1

How did you receive it? Is it automatically pushed to your evohome touch? Or did you sign up for their beta test program: https://getconnected.honeywellhome.com/en/evohomebetatrial

I still have the old firmware:

I signed up for the beta.
But never got a confirmation for that.

But a week later the new version was pushed to my evohome.

Ok, well I do like beta’s normally. But not in the middle of the winter, when one thing should be stable and that’s the heating system :cold_face:. Last week it was - 15°C outside, so I stick to the safe side. :hot_face:

I will just wait till the firmware will arrive then, probably somewhere during summer :thinking:

Check out google.
I got the impression its not so beta anymore…

In some countries its rolled out.
And I read some post of people buying new units with the new firmware.

Have been running it for 2 weeks now.
Did not see (feel) any issues. It switching nicely To boost mode when the temperatures went down.

Okay, if that’s the case, then probably I will receive the firmware shortly as well. I still have no intention to sign up for a beta program to get this firmware quicker. Patience is the key :relieved:

I have this firmware, and I didn’t sign up for the beta.
(I am from Belgium btw)

1 Like

@rvdeijk , that’s strange I have send a email to Honeywell NL so they can push the firmware to my device.

The answer was that the new FW was only available for the UK.

Just checked. Got the new FW also

Hi, I still have an old Evohome, where the Wifi connection is built with a separate device. So I don’t get new firmware pushed to the device. I don’t think I can even install new firmware. “De wet van de remmende voorsprong” :slight_smile:

If I look at the API output I get, I don’t see any weather compensation option yet. And output of an API doesn’t mean there is also an input possible. But it might be the case the you only see the option with newer devices and the correct firmware, I don’t know how smart the API output is.

So, donations are much appreciated :wink: With enough donations, I can buy a the newer version of touchscreen. Which will give me two benefits; I can better support newer features, and, in combination with the old touchscreen, I can build better support for people with multiple Evohomes.

Let me know if you have any questions.

2 Likes

I have send something to give a small start for a new Evohome Touch :slight_smile: and of course the appreciation for the app.

One question: When will the test version being pushed to stable? Cause test seems to be pretty stable :slight_smile:

Hi Ralf,
I hope I didn’t overlooked this, but I tried to set a a quick action with manual input via a logic text variable. But that does not seem to be accepted. Also tried this with Better Logic, but same behavior. Used as tag.
Only when I fill in the same name as text, the action is accepted successfully. I tried this with Away and Auto.
Do I do something wrong? Ps I have version 3.03.
Grtz Eric

Hi Eric,

I just did a manual test on my system also with version 3.0.3 , and there it works correctly.

Can you check that no or other character is in the input field? Only the tag ? Sometimes I have an extra in the input field besides the tag, and that can mess up things.

Otherwise, please send a diagnostic report immediately after you started the flow with the tag. Then I can have a look at the output generated.

Thanks!

Ralf

Hi Ralf,
Wow, thank you for your early reply!!
Please note, that it works perfectly when I enter the text manually as input. What I tried to accomplish is to use a logica variable. Then the tag value will not be processed. This also is the behavior when I create a text variable in Better Logic. I am sure that the variable does not contain spaces or special characters. So this scenario works for you?

Created report:
718735fb-dda4-4099-bbf2-1c984fc81126

Hope you find something!
Grtz Eric

Hi Eric,

Yes, that scenario works for me. If I enter an invalid tag (e.g. : “Away2”), then I get the ‘invalid settings’ error as well.

In the logging, I do see that the flow is started. And it seems that it is indeed with ‘Away’, but the flow is not going to the next phase (namely: executing the API call). That is the same with me if I use ‘Away2’.

Please check the input field again, maybe there is a space after the ‘tag’. When I do that in my flow, it also gives the error message, at is will see 'Away ’ instead of ‘Away’ .

Let me know if that helps, then I will check if I can incorporate a ‘space check’ in this input field.

Ralf

Hi Ralf,
Thank you for your help. I now found what went wrong.
I only have a mobile phone to work from with homey, but now I was able to use a laptop.
It seems that the flows I created from my cellphone always a space is added after the selected tag.
This is not the case when I do it via the webinterface of https://my.homey.app/. So there it works when I removed the space from my flow.

Case closed :slight_smile:
Thanks for your help!!
Grtz. Eric

Eric,

Thanks for the feedback, I will check with the mobile app as well, maybe there’s a glitch there. I will also check if it’s possible to do a ‘space remover’ in the input analysis :wink:

Ralf