How can I achieve stability of Homey’s Zigbee network?

Due to the polling issue with the Hue app the logical conclusion for me would be the following:

• Move all the Hue lights and the Dimmer to the Hue bridge. This way they will communicate without any delay and will work natively, with updates, and the dimmer behaviour is out of the box without the need to create a bunch of flows.
  • Triggering flows from other Aqara devices that involve Hue light will result in a delay, but it’s acceptable.

I’ve got the IKEA repeater, nothing is routed via it yet, I will keep an eye on the mesh to catch the moment when it happens. At the moment most of the devices insist to be routed via the remaining Hue light in the network : )

Sending commands through the Hue bridge should not be delayed, there’s only a (polling) delay while reading from the Hue bridge. So things like device status will take up to 5 seconds (AFAIK) before it gets reflected back to Homey. Which, for me, would rule out connecting controlling devices (remotes, motion sensors, etc) to the Hue bridge, because 5 seconds it too long for my taste.

I’d installed an Ikea repeater and I can see Aqara devices in the mesh being routed via Ikea, so I have to take it back, it seems to be possible to use Ikea devices as routers, at least at the moment. They keep jumping from the repeater to a Hue light (connected directly )

I am wondering if it’s possible to exclude a router from zigbeen network to force connecting via the repeater : )

You can’t force a particular mesh setup with Zigbee, no.