How community developers get awarded by Athom

Same as @2Be I am not a developer. Same as him, I would like to send best regards and respect to all developers that made Homey an almost complete HA controller.

Every now and them I have donated to some you devs for the incredible work. I will continue to do so for those that apps make my life easier.
But I can imagine the incentive you guys could have to carry on developing your apps if there would be an app store for devs only as @TedTolboom mentioned long time ago. I did also mentioned that somewhere on the old forum.
Look at @DaneedeKruyff post and learn that less than 1% of users of his apps actually donated something for his work. Pity. Yeah, all people are used with free stuff, aren’t they? The guy put so much work and passion on Heimdall and now he even puts more work to make it compatible with v2.
So go for the app store, I won’t buy and use an app if it would not work!
Love your free work? Because lots of people including Athom (and myself :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) love your free work devs, bring it on!

A highly discounted Homey for devs? Good one maybe for the tyre kickers type of devs, but no brainer to give a free one to those that really proven during the past 2 years in their efforts and those that gave this community awesome and useful apps. Even if a refurbished Homey, simply because this would pay in the long term for Athom as it would attract users to purchase its product. It won’t break the bank since there are only a bunch of you.

At the end of the day, we all do free work because either we are learning something or because we are passionate about something. But if you set no limits, then either you are rich, have no wife and kids, or live on Earth 2.
Love and respect you devs, very seriously!

4 Likes