How many of you are updating to 2.0? What do you gain?

@khangwei - I didn’t lose any flows either, nor settings. It kept all those

Why do some flows have a greyed out play button? They are enabled and they work, sometimes even activated, but the button is grey?

These are flows which cannot be started on their own, they need a value, i.e. “light-intensity”…

Thx bvdbos and Rdw

I can see that i hav to buy new controller… homey are not support for Lan port and pc (brower)
I know homey are not support lan port, i was hoping for it

/Anders

How on earth could you have missed that? There was almost a complete “yellow vests” fight about it… :yum:

1 Like

im not sure why but after upgrading to 2.0, a lot of my flows had missing cards - “This card is unavailable”. I had to re input that card and the flow would work again. they are all in the “When” section.

Most of them are MCO buttons. I wonder if its the MCO app… no idea

Can you check if the app has crashed? If so the devices are indeed unavailable

how do i check if it crashed?

it works after i remove the unavailable card and add it again. i have many flows…

FYI, I have submitted the SDK2 rewrite of the TP-Link app to the app store.

Approval takes a while these days, if you want you can install the app via the CLI (search ‘CLI HOWTO’ or something similar on the forum). The app repository can be found here: https://github.com/abaretta/nu.baretta.tplink.

2 Likes

I’ve contacted Athom Support and my homey has been send to support for a soft reset. After that support took good care of my homey and together we updated the homey whitout problems. Homey yust stayed a day extra to be monitored. Today I can expect my homey back home again.
I will pamper my homey extra with new and updated flows and extra devices.

How does that cli update work with Homey v.2? The command in the tutorial is not recognized any more.

Just got a reply from TP-Link app developer.She can’t fix the issue with the app and Homey v.2. Nice one.It just means I can bin all of those smart plugs or even better Homey itself.At the moment,it just a white ball with fancy LEDs,not able to control my Fibaro, TP-Link and Heatmiser devices. Anyone knows if there’s a way to return that device and got a refund?I lost the ability to control anything in my house via that lovely(?!) device.

Ok, time for a friendly reminder, please keep conversation on topic.

Need to state that as of today you’re gaining

• Better Stability
  • Up-to-date Apps (most of them)
  • Better performance of Zigbee (quicker)
  • Xiaomi devices causing less issues on setup (at least here at home)
  • Zigbee mesh mapping and re-routing via additional routers works much better
  • App that’s worth the definition „App“ :wink:
2 Likes

Would be a more fair and more complete list if you also state what you don’t get (anymore)…

1 Like

Updated last Saturday without any issues. Would do it again without any doubt.

2 Likes

Upgraded yesterday, no problems at all. Needed to run through a few flows that was missing logic tags but quick fix.

I am not a ‘she’… And why are you saying I can’t fix the issue? I haven’t received a single useful bug report. Even you have only stated that the ‘app crashes’.

Please remember that I have created this app on a voluntary basis, no one has paid me a penny, it is provided ‘as is’. As stated earlier, I haven’t migrated to V2 yet, the app has no issues on v.1.5.13, it’s difficult to do anything about it at the moment. I don’t appreciate you basically bad-mouthing me here while I am trying to help in the TP Link thread.

But I’ll gladly give you a refund, here’s 0 euro’s for you.

7 Likes

Sorry. I always thought ‘anne’ is a female name. I wasn’t bad-mouthing anyone. If you got it that way. Sorry about that.
Going back to the topic, even if I provide you with a bug report, you’re not on version 2 of Homey.
There was another person as far as I remember who was reporting the same issues I was having.
And there’s no way to roll back to the earlier version. For me it means losing all 10 TP-Link smart plugs I own. Hence the frustration.

Nope, not by me

I agree

Nope, less performance

Nope, causing a lot of issues here

Nope, not by me

But I like the app :slight_smile:

1 Like