How to change distance for comming Home

Hello everybody…

I am lokking for a way to change my home settings …

My problem is that i want to change the GPS range…

Right now my homey registration my iphone coming home or leaving when I am about 300 Meters from home…

I would like to set i up to 10-20 meters - but I cant find anywhere to do that !

Can anybody help me ?

Thanks in advace

Jurij, Denmark

maybe you can do work around, such as plant some iBeacons tags within 10-20m, when your iphone detect the signal (broadcast) from the tags, you iphone can send a webhook to Homey to start your flow.
Check out this

With the Build-In function a change of the detection radius is not possible as far as I know.
Many users use additional geofence apps on their smartphones, partly because the build-in detection is (was?) not reliable.
With the app Owntracks you can define the radius yourself. You can find an instructions here.

I also have the app Geofency in use, as @Shiki already suggested and I’m satisfied. But the minimum detection range via geofence is 50 meters with this app. However, I’m not sure if a detection radius via geofence of < 50 meters makes sense, because the accuracy is usually higher, especially when there is movement.

Edit: @Shiki, there is no need for the Webhook Manager. It works with the logic card “A WebHook was received” in the “When…” section and the logic card “>Tag< is exact” in the “And…” section.

And where Geofency charge u $5, Locative is for free!

2 Likes

Use Owntracks App in Homey it works great. You can create Geofences for free and any amount you want and you can use iBeacons or BLE beacons.

@Rocodamelshekima @ChrisBoer @DirkG thanks for sharing :smiley: it good that you have shared different ibeacon apps and each has its pros and cons :+1:

2 Likes

I’m trying to do exactly what you seem to have setup, monitor room presence, for some reason all my icons in Owntracks are orange (connected) while in your screenshot they are blue (disconnected). Did you play around with the signal strength within the beacons themselves? (and what beacons did you use)? I was trying to just determine the room i was in based on the MQTT event, but that doesn’t seem succesful so far :slight_smile:

Could you also share a bit more information about the flows you are using?

Thanks

You should use the -1 settings for BLE range in owntracks as explained on the internet in the help files.

You should also add a Major and Minor for the BLE devices. Then you can place them on your map so they also get the correct location. The proximity you can setup with the BLE configurator of your BLE devices. But this depends on the brand. I use ELA beacons myself but you can also use cheap Aliexpress beacons. You require BLE beacons supporting iBeacon.

Currently have the range set to -1, but still it connect to multiple beacons.

Currently using some ESP32’s for this setup, shareing the same UUID and major, Mionr is different for every room. Was hoping i could read the proximity within owntracks and create Homey flows based on the closest device.

You can, but you need to use owntracks together with an MQTT server/service which can then be translated within Homey to any flow.

I have the MQTT setup already, my phone connects to multiple esp32’s which are my iBeacons, how would i make flows in Homey to calculate the one closest then?

You can only set the range with the DB strength of your iBeacons but not all iBeacons have this capability.

Your app presence should detect the iBeacons through MQTT.

Then this is the flow.