[HOW TO] CLI install method

Should i have to delete something first, or is it finally a too new version of node.js? (v12.14.1)

Thanks for helping me

It’s not related to the Node version, which is working fine for me:

$ nvm run v12.14.1 ./node_modules/.bin/homey login
Running node v12.14.1 (npm v6.13.4)
✓ Logging in...
To log in with your Athom Account, please visit https://cli.athom.com?port=59803&clientId=XXX
? Paste the code: YYY
✓ You are now logged in as Robert Klep

hmm - some ideas for an newbie like me?

Node.Js Version v12.14.1, Windows 7 32bit, i want to install Devolo Components App from Mapulo, which arent in the Devolo homey app

I don’t use Windows myself so I don’t understand why it’s failing :frowning:

I installed NodeJS last weekend (on Windows), followed by the installation of the homey CLI.
In my case the homey (login) command wasn’t recognized either.

What worked for me:

• close the command window used for installation
  • start a new command window
  • enter “homey login”

Note that the first time it will start the login process and in my case I was so slow that the (command window) homey prompt timed out.

I simply tried again and this time it did work.

Maybe this helps,
good luck!

Hello together,

if i type “homey login” it expects an script “homey.js” in a “homey folder” - but there is only a “athom-cli” folder with an Script “athom.js” .
Copy, Rename folder and script doesn´t work.
“athom login” doesn´t work also…

Some ideas?
Unbenannt

Hi there.
First, you do not need to start the node.js command prompt, the normal cmd prompt works just fine.
Then, fixing your problem… try this:

From normal cmd prompt.

1. npm install npm@latest -g

2. npm install node@latest -g

3. npm install homey@latest -g

4. Homey login

Not working? Reboot the PC and try Homey login from normal cmd prompt again. Still not working? Let us know.

1 Like

Hi Johan,

looks quite better - near to goal:

1. npm install npm@latest -g works

2. i´ve had to type “npm install --force node@latest -g”, to overwrite older installation

3. i´ve had to type “npm install --force homey@latest -g”, to overwrite older installation

4. Homey login works, but on an newer way like in the first video above, i just have to login at homey webinterface, you don´t have to write email-adress and password at cmd window
    weblogin

5. homey app install” as shown in the second tutorial above, works
    But while installation some errors appears -

Mapulu´s devolo app doens´t shown at homey apps after login - with cellphone app.

Do you have an idea?

Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

Are you using a proxy or antivirus-software?

Firewall is now deactivated, Antivirus tool, too.
“Incorrect header check” - like yesterday

“Incorrect header check” suggests that either the archive file that is generated (and which contains the app code) is invalid, or there’s an issue with the HTTP response compression. Both issues are very strange (but I don’t use Windows so don’t know if it’s a generic Windows issue, or it has something to do with your specific setup).

My homey is Brand new and nearly blank. Only some Apps are installated, no flows are created…

So maybe, i think there is an incompatibility between Mapulo Devolo App - and homey firmware version. Github file is older…

Did anyone have a idea? Maybe i will ask Mapulo…

I think CLI installation issue is solved for the Moment.

Thanks for you help, Folks!

install homey failed :crazy_face:

did you try the examples as mentioned before in this tread?
see [HOW TO] CLI install method and before

I tryed that, and my npm version is 6.14.2,node is 12.16.1, but it still doesn`t work…

Hi!
I’m new in the command line and tried to install the devolo app from mapulu.

Can someone tell me, what I can do:

Also tried the examples above, but there’s always the same errors.

Edit: Homey node.js version is: 12.16.1 and I downloaded 12.18.3

Thanks!

Looks like you’re using a proxy or a firewall that’s blocking access to the NPM repository.

Thanks @robertklep it was my firewall. I had to uninstall…

Now it worked untill I want to install the devolo app:

I unpacked the files to the desktop. What could be wrong?? Do I have to rename the file, or type the name of the file in the cmd?

grafik

thanks!

… now i got it…

didn’t type cd cm.decolo-alpha…