How to connect SolarEdge to Zonnepanelen app

Hi,

I’m new to Homey and am installing all apps. I’ve installed the beta version of Zonnepalen app because the original one is no longer compatibable Homey (I understand). I have a SolarEdge system (w/o wifi; on the network and fully functioning with the SolarEdge proprietary app). When installing the device, I have to enter a System ID and API key. However I get an ‘unkown error’ and don’t know that to do now. I’ve used the S/N from the sticker (both with and without dashes) and have had an API created by the supplier. What could be a next step? Thanks,
Wouter

Hi Wouter. I got it to work. You need to get the System ID and API Key from you installer and connect the S/N isn’t needed. The System ID is viewable in the URL on https://monitoring.solaredge.com/ after login. mine is a 5-digit number.

2 Likes

It works. Thanks a lot!

Hi.
Can somebody explain to me how a flow works with tags in this app.
I have installed the beta version of this app. I have already a connection with my solar edge, but now I want to make a flow with it.
I have tags like Energiemeter and Energie but I realy don’t know how to use it. Thx.

Hi Marcel, I made a little flow that sends me the production at 12.30 every day. I created an alarm and within the text I used ‘Energie’, which is the current production in Watt. Is that what you’re looking for?

Hi Wouter. Thx for your reply. I already figured it out how it works with the flows.
This is exactly what I mean. I have already made a flow with it.
Grtz Marcel

Hi Wouter. Can you sent me the example off your flow.
Now, I get to much push notifications above 10 kwh(for example)
I want to get just one push notification above 10 khw.
Thx, Marcel

My flow is related to an alarm (time-based), so this doesn’t happen. I haven’t tried the other one yet.

1 Like

@ I disable the Flow after reaching the goal and activate it at 1 oclock at night.

Wouter. How do you get the powervalue out of inverter into the flow?

1 Like

Need some support here as well. I have a SolarEdge installation since a week or 2. Today I received my API-key and I know my site/system ID (7 digits).
when I enter this in the device setting I receive a error notification that the user credentials are incorrect.

Am I doing something wrong?

1 Like

Here the same.
Anybody can help us?

It took me 3 phone calls to have it fixed in the end. The technical support guy where I bought the solar panels was unaware of api keys. So first he made me a user with full access rights in the solaredge portal, so I could create the api key myself, but unfortunately the admin tab is not part of ‘full access’.
Then he created the key with my guidance, send me the key by mail, but did saved the key, so I had to call them a third time to asked them gently ‘please create the key and press the save button’. This did the trick …

So long story short: check if the api key is saved in the admin console of the solaredge portal

1 Like

I think it is strange that only the installer has access to my stuff where i have paid for. I also need the key before i can use homey with it. Now i am depended to them :frowning:

Anyhow, people are saying that they also have their system-id… how to get that one?

Did you found it, or in the need for some help I’m willing to give?

if u asked me then i have it, both… but they have made a mistake by adding panels from others to my account and they have totaly no idea how that is possible and need investigation to solve it :sa:
so, for now i have still no correct data

Hi there!
I have also got the solar edge system installed and have access to the portal.
After entering the ID and api key in the app I get the following error notification: “could not find that pairsession”.
Anyone who can help me out in this?

[Edit] after leaving it be for one day, the next day I got Homey paired with the system without a hitch!

1 Like

I hvae installed the App twice, get nowhere an option to insert the API and in the app I see nowhere a place to do it so the app is installed with no devices. Anybody could tell me what I may be doing wrong ?

Thanks

Install the app. Ad a device, use Solar Panels, choose your Solar system, add api and id.