How to create a "Scene"

Hello everybody!
My name is Matthias, i am totally new in this forum and would like to ask for your experience/help.

Since a few days i may call a Homey Pro my own :partying_face:!
My primary target is to control my shutters with it (as a first step).
As a test i successfully integrated one Fibaro Roller shutter 3 into the Homey App. The shutter motor is controlled exclusively via the FRS3 (No wired Switch/Button), calibrated and works as planned.
My goal is to integrate more than 20 shutters/FRS3, so i would like to create a flow/Scene/virtual Button in the App, which allows me to e.g. totally close all shutters with one Button.
I just dont understand how to create that flow…
I tried it with “virtual device” but was not able to complete the flow to close the shutter…

Can anyone help please? Thank you very much in advance!!

Matt

1 Like

Hello hĂ´tel tango,

I am French but I will try to explain you.

You have first to create one virtual device button give him the name you what, select the type of device (in your case curtain) and into it select the actions you want to do (on off, dim, etc…) I will suggest you to select on off and dim.

Than the virtual button is ready to get flowed haha

After this you have to go on flows and create a new one

For the trigger select your button
You have to create one flow for each of them! One for the off one for the on.
As “THEN” select your shutters (all of them) and select on for the on flow as example.

I don’t know if you understand what I mean so see the pictures under for the button creation.

Let me know if you nead more help for the flows

Best regards

Sven

1 Like

Screenshot_20191010-184907_Homey Screenshot_20191010-184932_Homey

1 Like

Sorry, but don’t forget to select in settings/experience/virtual device

All in French sorry for that

Hi Sven!

Merci beaucoup pour votre aide!!!

I will try to create the flow as you wrote and let you know about my results!

J’ai appris un petit peu le français, pas de problème :wink::blush:!

A très bientôt !
Matthias

Hi again Sven!!
That was it!! :+1:t2: Merci beaucoup!!

Made 2 flows, one for down, one for up, works great!

One more task to solve now…:thinking::
How can i create a “Stop”- Flow? (In case i HAVE to stop any shutter for whatever reason…)

Thanks for your help!

Matt

There is more convenient way. Use the Group app and make a group of desired roller shutters. Than you have one control for all of them. Just be aware, that if you control such amount of devices (20) at once, there can be quite a heavy zwave network load and you can experience delays in responsiveness of some devices, in worst case that some of them will not perform operation. Thats why its better to do that in sections (e.g. ground floor, first floor etc.)

Yes groups works too in my case for lights

Hi guys!
I spent some time now for trying to create a STOP flow…without success :neutral_face:.

Was someone of you successful in this case?

@Igy: thank you for your advice, but for the time beeing i have only one shutter. And as long as i am not able to perform a STOP flow for that one i wont buy the remaining 23 shutters/FRS3. Too risky :wink:! But i will keep that in mind!! :+1:t2:

@SVEN_STOFFELS: how could you/have you solve(d) this task? Or don’t you need a STOP flow?

Best regards!!

Matt

So far I know,
the Fibaro Roller Shutter 3 does not have a Stop button. Since Fibaro has removed the command class.
If there is a workaround you have to ask the App developer. In this case Athom itself.

Hi again everyone!

I am a bit disappointed about my improvements in dealing with my shutter module(s).
When Osorkon wrote that FRS3 does not have a stop button (and i was not able to “virtually program” one, i decided to try, as an alternative (and because of a lot of positive meanings in the forum), the
Qubino Flush Shutter (ZMNHCD1) and installed the beta app on my homey pro.

As i wrote on top i do NOT plan to have a switch or button to control the shutter once the Qubino is integrated. Nevertheless i temporarily installed now a double switch for integrating the flush shutter.
I successfully calibrated the shutter and besides the fact that i have to invert 0%/100% for opening/closing (because motor is on the “wrong” side) everything works fine.

What happens now is: i can control the Qubino via the temporarily installed double switch (switching I2 (down) for less than 2 sec. makes the shutter move downwards until i switch I2 another time. Switching I2 for more than 2 sec. makes the shutter move until i switch I2 “OFF”. So exactly as written in the manual. Same for I1.

But i am not able to reproduce that via an virtual switch in the homey app!!! :triumph::rage::triumph:
Using the Virtual Device app (no matter if i install/select Shutter, Light (so on/off only), up/neutral/down…etc…) does NOT bring the desired result. Each and every time after creating the respective flow:
e.g.: IF “virtual device shutter switch” is ON, THEN “qubino flush shutter” set dim to 100%, i cannot stop the movement, neither by pressing the flow button nor the “virtual button” again. In the best case it makes a little break and then continues to move in the before seleceted direction…:confounded:

Where is my error of reasoning?:face_with_monocle:
Did anyone try to programme that before and was successful?
I am getting a little desperate already because i don´t know if it is the shutter or my programming that causes this misbehaviour of the shutter…

I am REALLY looking forward to reading your advices. As i mentioned above, if i don´t get that task solved, i can not order the remaining modules…:frowning_face:

Thank you very much!!

Matt

Does it means that also the Qubino RS doesn’t have a stop Aktion Card?!

Can you show your flows?

That’s e.g. my “all Open” flow:

So: “RollRauf” is created as a simple ON/OFF Switch…

How looks your Stopp flow?

At the moment i have none.
But i tried:
IF Qubino Flush shutter moves/Changes, THEN Set Qubino Flush shutter to INACTIVE.

Probably this is my mistake?

How would you create it?

Replace start flow through push a button. In your case your virtual Button.

If you create a new Thread in the German section.
I would be easier Dir zur helfen. :grinning:

Danke, dann mach ich das einmal! Spreche ja deutsch…:smile::smile:!

Hi

The module miss a lot of useful card, such as “stop”.

I have wallmote in each room. I have a flow to open / close the blinds depending on the value of “Position”. It works 3 times of 4 but still better than nothing.

How would you do a flow so that when the blinds are “moving”, if you push the button, it would stop the blinds ?
Seems so logical but can’t find a way to do it.

My first flow:

The flow to open or close the blinds based on their (supposed) position:

And the available card:

Thanks for the help