How to migrate to a Homey Pro?

hi there

Is there a easy way to migrate all devices and flows from a (old) homey to a new one -> homey pro?
Or in this case, we have to exclude and include all devices and creat all flows again?

thx

5 Likes

Homey Support said:

Unfortunately, we don’t have an easy method to migrate data to your new Homey Pro at the moment.
However, in the future, we are planning to make this function available.
We cannot give you a date estimation yet, keep an eye out on our news feed for the latest updates.

Hi. It’s April now. And I was wondering how much longer we need to wait for this basic functionality? Imho this should have been there from the start. You’re letting down us, the early adaptors.
Do you have any idea how much work it is migrate all my devices one by one? I have over 60 devices working with my old Homey. Not even mentioning the amount of flows I have to rewrite.
How much longer??

Jack

1 Like

Reply from support:

Thank you for contacting Athom support.
Unfortunately I cannot communicate any timeframe regarding future releases.
I’m sorry for the inconvenience.
Best Regards,
Boaz
The Athom support team.

That really doesn’t help…

1 Like

I can tell you that there is a Backup API end point in the webAPI now … But that could mean anything.

1 Like

I ask Athom about any news, answer:

Thank you for your patience.
We do not have an update yet. The only thing I can say is that our development team is hard at work on completing this feature. Keep an eye out on our newsletter, once we have some news we will update our customers via the newsletter.

1 Like

In “Behind the Magic - Mai 2019”:

Maybe the Backup-Restore-Migrate Feature is coming?

Maybe they will introduce a new feature that enables you to open the fridge, get out all the ingredients for dinner, chop it, fill the pans, put them on the stove, start the cooking and warn you if it’s almost ready… :stuck_out_tongue: But it’s a secret.

My email to homey support was:

“My homey is slooow. If I buy homey pro to speed up, how can I transfer everything from my old homey to new homey?”

The answer was:

“Thank you for reaching out and I’m sorry to hear you’ve problems with your Homey.

If you have up to 15 brands you might consider buying a Homey Pro as explained here: https://support.athom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015677413-Which-Homey-model-should-I-buy-.

I hope this information does serve your request!”

So they are seling me the new homey pro, but not answering my question regarding migration…

I replied to them asking again but didn’t get an answer, just customer experience survey…

I get a lot of general answers from homey support lately if I even get one… With bad and slow support I guess athom has some great problems inhouse.

1 Like

Also this (web-)app: Community Backup & Restore for Homey v2 and Up! [Alpha Version]

2 Likes

Thank you for the answer. I don’t have Homey Pro yet, and won’t buy one until athom officialy supports migration between homey’s.

2 Likes

Anyone have any experience migrating to Pro version? Is it any faster and/or more stable?

1 Like

I think a lot of us have the same urgent request. How to migrate to Pro because the classic homey is to slow. But we became no answer

The 15 apps max is just to prevent trouble on their side. Running like 60+ apps on a normal old Homey and no problems at all.

I have arround 25 apps and it is slow… HUE app alone is using 60mb of RAM. Each app takes at ninimum 10mb.

If I count all apps I get to 475mb of RAM + 145mb for HOMEY, which is more than 512… I guess it pages the rest. This is a day after homey reset.

So @Rocodamelshekima please advise how can I lower the memory usage…

And what is ur definition of slow?

Not sure what you really mean then. Do you mean it is slow in actual behaviour or do you mean it is slow because you think it uses too much memory?
It too have an early model with 20 apps, 75 flows, 50 z-wave and 25 Zigbee devices and it is functioning fine.

In general I know how fast homey was in the begining, but it was different version of software and firmware and I had less apps and devices, so I don’t know what is the reason.

I have about 130 devices. 30 z-wave, 25 zigbee, 50 devices via HUE bridge and arround 25 other devices(RF, WiFi, …). And about 70 flows…

For me slow mens:
It is not as fast in direct actions as ti used to be(devices on/off, settings, …).
I get timeouts or very long waiting when setting the parameters or trying to control a device.
When editing the flows in app or web, just not fast enough to get any real logic done(click on card and it loads for 5-10 seconds for example).
Flow that lowers/lifts the blinds sometimes does one blind at the time instead of all the blinds at once as it normaly does(reboot solves this).

Sometimes it is so slow I can barely log on to the app…maybe I try 10 times and it loads. Last time I tried to generate support ID for support and it would timeout generating the ID for 5 or 10 times.

The reboot itself takes about 10+ minutes to load every app and device. After a reboot in general everything works OK with the speeds I can live with. But in a day or two I notice the slow factor again.

Homey works somehow but I believe that some optimization would speed thing up, but don’t have any Idea how to do the optimizations, it is just to much stuff.

I have daily reboot at 2AM so I don’t have errors and stuff, but the speed is not perfect even after reboot.

1 Like

Same here. Going to upgrade to Homey Pro with antenna mods. About 200 devices (of which there are 130 hue lights through three Philips hubs, rest are zwave), pro rato amount of flows. Slow for me means sometimes response after one minuut, frequently no response from flow when zwave click on e.g. Fibaro Switch. Going to migrate manually, but I would REALLY have wished an automatic migration.

The 130 Hue lights shouldn’t be a problem as they are hosted by their own gateways and not directly by Homey.

So to me it sounds as a possible Z-wave mesh problem. I had the same with my Homey, even when i put Coolcam plugs in every room.
It improved significantly after the antenna mod and a re-positioning of my Homey.
So why don’t you try to do the mod before upgrading to see if that helps?