How to reset KlikaanKlikuit ACC 2300

I have a relatively new KlikaanKlikuit ACC 2300 switch. It works perfectly well with my Homey. I would like to know how I can reset this switch (clearing all channels). With the traditional switches I press the button (>10s) to reset. However the ACC 2300 does not have a button. According the manual you need to send a ''Group-off" with the remote control during the first 6s after the switch have been placed back in the socket. I do not have a remote control and wonder if I could do this without or that the only way is to get a remote control.

1 Like

Pagina 7…

“I do not have a remote control and wonder if I could do this without or that the only way is to get a remote control”

1 Like

You can probably send the “off” command by Homey. It’s 433 Mhz so the switch does not know if the signal is send by the remote or by Homey.

Ja, die heb ik ook gelezen. Maar daar lees ik dat je met de remote control een ‘groep-uit’ signaal moet sturen. Zoals gezegd, ik heb geen remote en vroeg me af hoe ik het zonder kan doen via mijn Homey.

Probably, but I think in this case one channel will be cleared. Basically I would like to know if I can somehow send an “group-off” signal with Homey OR that the only way to do this is buying a remote.

Hhhm, yeah, that could be difficult. You should learn Homey what the signal is for group off and therefore you need a remote. If only it is for a short moment. Maybe order one and send it back after you have recorded the signal. Not the nicest solution, but it works.

Group off is a special signal, if you don’t have anything to generate it you can only unlearn specific codes (that you can generate) one by one sending the off code in the first few seconds. It is a real pain with these buttonless devices.

This Chrismas I plugged in a KAKU socket for my Christmas lights when my son rang the doorbell and my wife opened the door. Three blinks from the Christmas lights and voila - every time the door opened the lights went on :scream:

I was real happy it wasn’t the doorbell, because that only has “on” so cannot be unlearned. Found out it was the porchlight connected to it that activated though a flow. Thankfully it could be unlearned once I knew which signal it was. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, I know I can unlearn the codes one by one. However I used this switch earlier, but do not know which codes are in. Just want to clear the switch from all codes. I guess I have to get a remote to generate the ‘group-off’ code.

The manual states its a general reset. A group-off however is for a range of codes. Hopefully it does not just remove the range, otherwise you still don’t get what you want. Maybe take it to a shop and ask them for help?

:rofl:
:popcorn:

Normal you can’t just generate a group off from Homey.
The KAKU app could in the past learn (copy) codes but I know there was filter in it the app not to copy group codes as that would give issues for users not knowing how KAKU works.
Now Homey KAKU can’t even copy for the sockets anymore.

So normally I would recommend to buy at least one remote. Most of the sets are delivered with one.

I found out the nexa app still is able to copy, codes and I could pair a MYC-2300 sending a group off.
I could send you a zip backup to restore the device on youre Homey.
If the signal is copied correct it could work.

Want to try that?

1 Like

Although I am considering getting a remote, I would like to try your suggestion.

I created a backup Zip with two Nexa Devices,
Download here: (Sorry Cant Share a Zip file here, just contains some JSON files for the devices.)

Try to restore them using my Community Backup
https://homeybackup.web.app/login/

• click the link,

• login using te CLI Athom methode and copy the response back to the other window.

• Select your Homey,

• Select the Restore Zip File in the first screen and upload the Zip.

• Go to Tab Restore Devices.

• Select the two devices to restore in the right pane and click Restore Selected Devices.

After having the device restored you can toggle the device sending an On or Off or use a test flow and send just what is in the Flow.

Thanks. I will give it a try next week. Need to figure pitchte backup/restore. I do not have a backup subscription. Is that required for this scenario?

Nop,
these are the things you don’t get from Athom but from the Community :wink: for Free!
Install the Nexa app from the Athom store first.

click the link, login using te CLI Athom methode and copy the response back to the other window.

Select your Homey, Select the Restore Zip File in the first screen and upload my Zip.
Go to Tab Restore Devices.
Select the two devices to restore in the right pane and click Restore Selected Devices.

Have Phun !

Thanks very much. I have executed the procedure and it works. Also learned that I can make a backup of my Homey. By the way, what is the difference between the KAKU app and the Nexe app?

1 Like

Nexa is the KlikAanKlikUit of the Nordics, not sure where (Sweden?) but most of the Devices have similar KAKU devices. The KAKU App is updated to latest Athom standards
but the Nexa is still based on an older version of the KAKU app.

Thanks for Laughing … Fixed :grinning::beer:

1 Like

:heart_eyes: