Homey Community Forum

How to set up IKEA tradfri gateway app?

app

I’m new at this, and cannot for the life of me figure out how to set up the gateway app - have done my due diligence, but cannot fond a recipe. I bet it is real simple- as the developer hasn’t even put up a ‘how to’ guide.

I put in the security code and the IP - I have made the IP static in the router.
PSK I have no idea what is. How to find this?

I have tried without, but get error message ‘error: not_found’.

Appreciate the help - or a step by step guide.

Best regards
The n00b
(Have searched the forum without finding a similar topic).

How I did it.
Make the tradfry static in the router.
Go to the config of the tradfry gateway app.
Discover the ipadress.
Than enter the security code and press authentice.

After that I can add the lamps zones and plugs.
Oh one other thing if you reboot homey and your bulbs lamps etc is not reachable reboot the app once.

1 Like

@Snippem’s answer is correct. The PSK is the code that is returned by the gateway after proper authentication, so not a value that you have to enter yourself.

The not_found error is not something that it returned by the IKEA Gateway app (at least, I cannot find any reference to it in the code) and might be generated by Homey itself for some reason. Try restarting the app (or even Homey) to see if that solves the problem.

1 Like

Thank you @Snippem and @robertklep! A quick reset did the trick.
I am running Google mesh network at home, and I had plugged the Trådfri to a separate switch connected to one of the Google nodes - when I connected Trådfri directly to the node it solved my issue - but not before restarting the app.

Ok, I’ve had my homey for almost 15 minutes so please bear with me… Where do I find this security code?

On the bottom of the hub?

1 Like

Thanks. I’m unsure whether to feel more stupid or grateful :stuck_out_tongue: I have to admit I didn’t look under it simply because I’ve looked under it a ton of times before and couldn’t remember seeing anything about that.

1 Like