I love homey, but in the more complex scenarios with lighting as one example, the flows needed are just nuts. I currently have 8 flows for my bedroom alone, to trigger things based on sensors, time and buttons. Is there any apps that can simplify things?
This is the goal I want to achieve, and I hope there is a simpler way to do it.
1 x Hue being ceiling lamp
2 x light strips (under each side of a bed)
2 x motion sensors (detecting motion from each side of the bed)
1 x motion sensor in the hallway (with corresponding lights)
Triggered on motion (which ever bedside motion sensor)
- Daytime lighting, weekdays: 8.00-23.00. Generally brighter light on all 3 light sources.
- Daytime lighting, weekends: 9.00-00.00. Generally brighter light on all 3 light sources.
- Optional Added complexity: Add lux sensor and decrease/increase based on how well the room is lit
Triggered on motion (Inverted times, night)
- Triggering left or right side motion detector, with hallway motion detector being off, means you get up at night: Equals Low light on corresponding light strip.
– In addition, if right side is triggered in this way, it should not light up the left side if left motion detector is triggered.
– If left is triggered, and there have been motion on the right one the last 10 minutes, then the left light strip should not light up when walking past (to not wake up your partner).
- If Left motion detector is triggered at night and there have been no movement on right side for a while, light up left one.
In addition I have a Hue Switch for scene selections. For off, bright, relax and romantic scenes. But those are easy to separate and you need one flow each.
As you see, this quickly adds up. You need several triggers, timers, scenes and so on. I would love if there was an app that could define some constants like the time and days, and certain conditions that would should be followed no matter what. Is there anything like this? Is my best option to program this in HomeyScript?