[HOWTO][PRO] Dim lights with buttons using transitions

Sure! You have to define the association in the advanced parameters of the device in the Homey app.

Perfect, learning new things!
Set associations in the button group 2 and 3 to dimmer 2, so switching on/off and dimming is working directly now.
Only thing I didn’t manage without a flow Is setting a power-on dim level.

I was guessing that already, but seems only to work for the physical switch, not when Switched on via zwave

Ok, that may be.

Hi, im new with homey and i would like to use these flows, but how do i add these shared flows in my homey?? i tried searching for an answer but with no luck?

Thanks

You have to recreate the flows yourself, “shared flows” are readonly.

Thank you for this HOWTO, I already tried it but that didn’t work out. now it works.
I now want to use the current dim level as starting point, do you have an example of that?

now I have that the translation goes from “current dim level to 1” or from “current dim leven to 0,01”

I don’t understand what you mean by that it will require math.

Many thanks

Hey Robin,

You can accomplish that by creating a numeric variable; I named it [BijkeukenDim#]
Then use a logics card called “set a numeric variable”.
Now you pick your created variable, and in the value field, hit the icon on the right. Now you can hit the icon on the left, and pick the [Dim level] variable from your light.

Flow card

To restore the original dim level:
Pick the device card of your lamp, and choose “dim lamp to” card.
Now you can hit the icon on the right, then hit the icon on the left, and pick the (in this example) [BijkeukenDim#] variable from your own created logics cards.
Flow card

Peter,

thank you, but I don’t really understand why.
this is how i did it before transitions via set numeric variable logica (dim lvl+0.02)

I did what you said and it works, only I dont see the difference between my own logic “helderheid eettafel lamp” and the standard logic card “dim level” from the light it self.

when I turn on the light the standard logic card changes to, so the dim level is always right. why do I have to set it first to my own logic and then use it to set my dim level?

Ah then I didn’t get your question right.
I thought you didn’t know how to save the original dim level, but using your own “helderheid eettafel lamp” that’s the answer.
In my example I save the current dim level.

no I know that, but I curious what Edwin means with this below.

but thanks for your help @Peter_Kawa

You’re welcome, Robin. No I also don’t follow Edwin there :hugs:

What I meant is, that when you use the current dim level als a starting point, the length of the transition and the number of steps need to be calculated. So if you start at 0.8 and go to 1, you need less steps and less total time for the transition compared to the full one. That requires some math to get right.

2 Likes

aah that makes it clear, do you have or use this kind of math yourself? because I like to know how you calculate that.

Thanks

How does it works when I have a up and down dimming button?
Which flows do I need than?

The buttons I bought; https://www.robbshop.nl/draadloze-zigbee-schakelaar-met-2-knoppen

Can someone please help me :slight_smile: