I think Homey messed up my Hue

Just bought the Homey Pro and added the Hue app. After everything went well I checked my HomeKit app and noticed that the Hue lamps where unavailable. Hue Bridge keeps loosing connection to the lamps and the switch.

I opened the Hue app and the lamps where also not available. I tried everything to get them back, but they keeps getting connected and after a view seconds it looses connection again. Tried everything except resetting the Hue bridge, that would make me loose all scenes and automations.

Any one else had this happened with Homey?

And did you install the hue bridge app or hue zigbee app.

He writes “Hue Bridge keeps loosing connection”.

@ryan if the Hue bridge keeps losing connection, it’s ultimately an issue with the bridge and not Homey. Perhaps the bulbs are (almost) out of reach of the bridge? How far away from the bridge are they located?

So he should be using the bridge app. But if all lights are not available in bridge app itself, that seems they have been paired with homey on zigbee… so wanted to confirm.

The outcome will be something like PTP the Hue bridge and gief fixed IP

This could be a problem with the Router and/or with the Wifi channel.

1. Homey, Hue-Bridge and Router should not be placed directly next to each other
  2. Assign a fixed IP to Homey and Hue Bridge
  3. Check how much the Wifi channel 11 (2.4 GHz frequency) is used by the Router (Hue Bridge / Homey use the channel for Zigbee)
  4. Assign a fixed channel in the router for the 2.4 GHz frequency (not channel 11!)

Normally the Router always tries to find the best wifi channel and then changes it automatically. This has led to interruptions at my Homey and the Hue-Bridge again and again. Since I have changed the above mentioned points, I have no more problems.

I would first try to do the points 1 and 2. If there are still problems, I would set a fixed channel for the 2.4 GHz frequency.

Thank you all for you feedback. Yeah it’s not the Homey. The Bridge and the router wasn’t working properly atm.

Fixed IP address did fixed it. I didn’t had any issues before. That’s when I thought Homey interfered with Hue as I just installed Homey.

Also gonna switch WiFi channel just in case, you never know.

One of the things that made me decide to go with Homey is it’s community, excellent.

Thanks all!

Glad to hear it’s working now. :+1:t4:

Before Homey, I didn’t have any problems with the Hue-Bridge either.