iCalendar to Voice by Raymond Brink [not supported - use IcalCalendar]

It would be great if you could publish the current version on Github, perhaps in a different branch. I just updated but it seems my settings are lost and I can not re-add them. I can probably fix the settings page myself pretty quickly.

Looking forward to use this app :slight_smile:

@Phuturist (and others): I just pushed a new develop-branch to GitHub. It contains a (mostly) working v2 compliant version of the iCal2Voice app.

Even the settings page works now (kind of). Please note this is still a work in progress!

8 Likes

:+1:

Do you know if the issue with the recurring meetings is also fixed? For some reason in the old app sometimes recurrinf meetings from ages ago popped up in the speech.

1 Like

I still have an issue with iCalendar to Voice on firmware 2.x (the ā€˜all my appointments todayā€™ action card is not working) and I also wanted some more flexibility when using different calendars. So I decided to finish my own iCalendar app for Homey v2.x which I had started already before Brinkie came online again and told us he was gonna fix the iCalendar to Voice app.

Iā€™m not sure yet if I will be publishing this in the app store. Perhaps @Brinkie is interested in integrating the better multiple calendar support in his app. But is there somebody out there willing to test this?

2 Likes

Iā€™ll install it and see if it works as i would expect

1 Like

Sorry, this is still a known issue. I already know how to reproduce it, so Iā€™ll see if I can find some time to fix it soon.

1 Like

I just pushed new updates to Github. This includes an updated and fully functional settings screen, as well as a fix for the recurring events.

If testing this version is successfull, I intend to publish it to the appstore soon.

9 Likes

Great hopefully bugfree now

Beta v1.0.0 published to the appstore (approval pending).

• Fixed issue where app falsely reports recurring events.
  • Added support for larger recurrence intervals.
  • Added support for specific number of recurrences.
2 Likes

Beta v1.0.0 is now available in the appstore!

1 Like

Great!!! Works fine :sunny:

A trigger for end of a appointment would be great. Is that possible?

1 Like

Found a bug: When setting the trigger to 0 Minutes before next appointment it doesnā€™t work. It neet to be more then 0.

Another thing I figured out is, when an appointment led already to a trigger and you postpone this appointment the app will not react again.
Donā€™t know whether this is a feature or bug.

This is a feature. The app ignores any triggers/notifications set for events. It only uses the start time of events combined with the trigger interval set in the appā€™s settings screen.

1 Like

This flow does not trigger the app to say anything (although I have appointments today and tomorrow).

Iā€™ll look into this. Thanks for reporting!

1 Like

Are the settings working again? I cant find them in the menu?
Iā€™m running the latest homey version and the Beta Icalender to voice.

Edit: Sorry my app was still on version v0.90 - Now it is running on v1.0 and settings page is visible again.