[APP][Pro] ID Lock App (v2.0.0)

Considering buying a Homey, but will service codes work?

Hello! Is there any reported problems adding ID lock to the homey? I canā€™t add myā€¦
The homey start adding and the lock sounds and the blue led blinks then nothing have been found.
Adding again the homey says status.already_added.
Get unknown node, thatā€™s respond. Exclude and delete node and try again, same problem.
Homey fw 3.1.0
Id lock fw 1.4.49
Z wave module fw 1.6 (in the manual says nothing about 01A like the fw 1.5 version)
Could the new z-wave module be the problem?

ask @TedTolboom

@TedTolboom
Hello.
More people than me is having problems adding ID lock to their homey after upgrading to v3.1.0. Even those how added the lock under v.2 have problems now with the z-wave module 01A fw 1,5ā€¦
Also the new z-wave module whit fw 1,6 says 01B if itā€™s any different from 01A.

1 Like

@TedTolboom @Olle_Friskopps
Hi. My ID Lock 150 suddenly stopped communicating with Homey yesterday. I have tried all the tricks around, but canā€™t get it to work again. Then tried excluding it from Homey and re-include.
-Success excluding from Homey, but NO success including again. Same experience as Olle_Friskopps ā€œThe homey start adding and the lock sounds and the blue led blinks then nothing have been found.
Adding again the homey says status.already_added.
Get unknown node, thatā€™s respond. Exclude and delete node and try again, same problemā€.

What iā€™v tried so far:
-Reinstalling ID Lock App - Then tried to include again with NO success
-Restarting Homey - Then tried to include again with NO success
-Reset ID Lock 150 and 3 x reset ZWave module - Then tried to include again with NO success

To verify if the ZWave modul was working, i tried to add it to my other ZWave hub (FutureHome). I had no problem including the device here. Everything working fine, so iā€™v concluded that it cant be a faulty ZWave-modul.
Finally tried several times more to include in Homey, but still no success.

Any point in investigating this locally, or could it be a bug in the ID Lock App that needs fixing?

My system:
Homey v3.1.0
Id lock v1.4.49
Z wave module v1.6

I have the exact same problem as the two persons above me. Just recently bought id lock zwave module and homey. I have the same setup and versions as ja.nei.johan and Olle_Friskopps.

Same for me.

Same problem here!

I exclude my ID-lock --> Works fine
I include my ID-lock --> ā€œNo device foundā€
I include my ID-lock again --> ā€œstatus_already_addedā€

I have tried holding the Homey 1 cm away from the lock while excluding/including. The Homey has the latest OS, the ID-lock app is updated, the ID-lock itself is updated and I have tried resetting the lock several times as well.

I have also tried re-installing the app and had the Homey disconnected from power a whole day etc.

@TedTolboom and all of you having this problem:
Ok, my supplier and ID Lock have now replicated and tested my problem. They confirmed to me that the issue is related to Homey update v3.1.0.
They have reported the problem to Athom/Homey. Lets hope they fix this soon!

Homey Experimental firmware v3.1.1-rc.1 released. Any daredevils with ID-Lock who have tested this new firmware?

Gents, just trying to understand what the (common) issue at hand isā€¦

As far as I am aware (based on Athomā€™s AATP access), nothing changed on Z-wave side with the v3.x releases. Updating Homey software in general might disturb communication with the Z-wave devices, but should not break any devicesā€¦

I do notice every report refers to v1.6 firmware of the ID lock; is this correct?

Can anyone share their Z-wave logging (https://developer.athom.com/tools/zwave) from an inclusion request (as a text file)? Including the final message of the inclusion window of the app?

Are there any users that have no issues with adding v1.6 based ID lock to Homey?

Note: sharing a diagnostics report from within the app does not show any loggings as long as the inclusion was not successful.

@TedTolboom
Hi Ted, i appreciate you looking in to this - thank you for a greate App :slight_smile:

Log from trying to include IDLock150 a few minutes ago - Uploaded to your github
-Also screenshot from App when trying to Include, message translated ā€œNo Z-Wave device foundā€
-and screenshot from from trying to exclude, message ā€œstatus.already.addedā€
Successfully excluded via Homey settingā€¦

I started trying to get the log files myself, but my Homey went into recovery mode about when I was finished. I see now that this happends if I hold the Homey upside down for 10 secounds. :sweat_smile:

But I noticed one thing that i find a bit interesting;
no.idlock@1.2.2 is appearing under Performance (developer.athom.com/tools/app-profiling)

Here is my log file as well.
And to specify the actions taken when the logging was active;
First I exclude with success (after previously attempts).
Then I try to include my ID-Lock 150. I can see in the app that it does connect, since it changes to ā€œwait while your device is addedā€, but after a while it times out with the error ā€œNo Z-wave device foundā€ (translated from Norwegian).
When I try to include again, I get the same error code as everyone else almost immediately; ā€œstatus.already.addedā€

Log file:
https://1drv.ms/t/s!AjByTOQTe7mhxkUpxJ80iUn7bXVG?e=w1Le6z

Just a thought.
What language have you configured on your homeyā€™s?
This is not related to this specific app but when I changed my language from english to swedish I had a app that stoped working.
Also, isnā€™t there some settings changed for the firmware version 1.6 on id lock.

I installed my new ID lock 150 today. I was able to add it to Homey. I moved my Homey close to the lock during inclusion, and it worked out fine. But after moving Homey back to the original position I lost connection, so I had to buy a range extender from Aeotec. Now Iā€™m able to set the different settings in the ā€œAdvanced settingsā€ menu, but Iā€™m not able to remotely open or close the lock from Homey for some reason. The battery level or any of the alarms are not reported either.

Based on JonasW post above, I changed the language back to English from Norwegian before adding the lock. Not sure if it had any impact or not.

Iā€™ve also updated the lock to the latest FW with ID lockā€™s updater app.
Z wave FW: 1.6
Homey: 3.1.0

I just changed my language from Norwegian to English as well now, and then tried to add it again (had to remove it first), but still same result. It is not added to Homey, only to the z-wave network (as it seems).

@bearH I recon your lock is included in unsecure mode then, thats why you cant control it. You have to make sure you get the lock included in Secure mode (Homey very close to lock, not more than 10-20cm away)ā€¦
If you, after this, get the same result as me and some others, it would be greate if you do as TedTolBoom describes here:

Thanks for the feedback, ja.nei.johan.
I did an exclude, and then tried to include it again, but that didnā€™t work.
I did several attempts, but no success. It either said device already added, the app remained in the state saying ā€œplease wait while the device is addedā€ without adding anything, or displayed ā€œfailed to add deviceā€.
I tried to reset the z-wave module. That also reset the lock for some reasonā€¦?
I also tried to reset the lock back to factory settings.
None of this worked. The Homey was hold next to the lock during the inclusion attempts, as you suggests.

Unfortunately, I have no log file to share. Iā€™m pretty sure I enabled it, but when I entered the developer interface again after this trial and error, it was disabled. I had to remove power from the Homey to move it closer to the lock after enabling logging. Could that have disabled it again? Could of course also be that I disabled it again by mistake.

@bearH
Yes, log is disabled as standard. You have to enable it again after hub restart.
I only enable log when troubleshooting, else i leave it offā€¦