Idea for the forum

Not sure if this is the correct board, but I have a suggestion for the forum itself.

Is it an idea to make some sort of database, where people can review their domotica equipment in a standard way. (so, no long stories, but short Q and A’s. There is a lot of stuff of there, some great. Others not so great. And also a lot of stuff where parts are great and others aren’t.

So stuff like: Brand, type, categories (multiple could be useful since there are a lot of multi-sensors) What are the good things, the things that can be improved, the bad things, untested things. Which homey version its used against. Maybe give a quick link to a person’s DM page if (s)he doesn’t mind direct questions.

It should be as neutral as possible, so no glorification or demonising of products.

Just an idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

IMHO, I like the idea, but don’t think it is going to work.

As a lot of devices/brands have supporters and haters, for some it works awesome, for some it doesn’t work at all. (yes talking about the same device, same version of app and Homey).
A lot of wireless devices are just really dependent on the situation it is housed (litterely) in.

Yes, it obviously is sensitive to “fanboys” and haters. But it may be nice to at least give it a try, and it can really be helpful.

If you look at the subject I recently raised, asking for people’s experience with motion sensors. I got a lot of helpful replies. (some more helpful than others of course :slight_smile: )

I wonder if reviews on devices with in the “talks with homey” could work …