Ikea Gateway - Turn off light from Homey

Does anyone else have problems turning Ikea lights off with the Homey app?

If I use the imported group I can turn the lights on and off but when I use a imported light I can only turn it on but not off. I can dim the device to 0% to turn it off but not just turn it off by pressing the card in the app.

This also affects the function such as turning all devices off i a specific zone. If I don’t put the Ikea group in the zone the lights wont turn off.

Have any of you experienced the same problem?

Works fine for me. Try power cycling the hub or Homey.

PTP of the Ikea gateway did the trick! Thanks!

I’ve noticed that it needs a power cycle every few weeks or so. Less than Homey, but still annoying :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I thought I was the only one. Using a smart plug now to do this once in a while, of course not an Ikea type :smirk:

Done! Set up a flow that cuts the power for my Ikea Gateway every Sunday for 60 seconds. :+1:t2:

Don’t forget to restart the Ikea gateway app also afterwards!

:+1:t2:

2 Likes

I have run in to some more related problems, the solution above makes my gateway connection to fail, to make it work again I have to edit the configurations again and type in the gateways security code and save.
Anyone familiar with this problem?

It sounds like the IP-address of the gateway changes every time you reboot it, in which case you need to make sure it gets the same IP-address from your router. Also, it may be necessary to restart the IKEA app after you restarted the gateway.

1 Like

I have set up a IP-address to the Ikea gateway in my ASUS Lyra, I’ll try to restart it later and see if it works.
Thanks for the support Mr Klep! :+1::metal: