IKEA Tradfri error every morning

Hi folks.
I think I have the same prob.
Have been running my Homey with less than 15 devices, worked fine. Bought a couple of new Ikea-bulbs, and added one without prob. The second and third new, I could not add at all. I then were at 14 devices. I removed a senor I dont use, did not help, rebooted the Homey, and then I could add them. That made me end up with 15 devices.
Configured everything, and thougt I was fine, but then I realized that one Hue Switch (directly connected to Homey) did not work…
After some tests with no sucess, I restarted Homey again, and now all seems to work. Think I have tested all switches and motion-detectors, and it seem to work (hard do say if all temp-sensors work, but I’ll check after a while).
Leaves me with same conclution like other. 15 seems max.
So that raises some questions, that I wonder if any of you have ideas about.

1. Anyone heard any news about ZigBee rewright? Timelines? (maybe I shall open a support-question and ask).
  2. Seems like adding lights via gateway is the way to go now. I have a Hue Bridge with 2 Hue lights. Shall I connect my IKEA-bulbs to that and control them via that Homey-app. Or, shall I buy a IKEA Gateway and connect them via that one? No money in a gateway, but that leaves me with yet another app in Homey, and I already have a Homey with high memory consumption, so more apps is not good either.

Ideas? Conses and pros?
/Stefan

1. Did you already try the excellent search function? That would have revealed Athom says “soon” and never mentions a timeline. So alas we can only wait patiently and hope it will be sooner then soon.
    It might help indeed if you report this to support. The more report it…
  2. Did you read the earlier posts (especially the one from @robertklep directly above yours)? The is already explained what the effect is if adding devices to a hub instead of Homey. If the count of apps is becoming a problem, you have to consolidate device brands (eliminating the needed apps) or buy a Homey Pro.

Yes. I have already tried using the excellent search function. And I, as you, also found people that for a long time got the “soon” answer from Athom, and that is why asked the question, to hear if anyone have been in contact with Athom recently, and got some news. If someone has, a question in the forums may give us other an answer aswell. I will initiate a support-question aswell.
And yes, I did read the earlier posts, in this thread and in other threads. Have really read a lot about this issue, and as I state in my post, I know the effect in moving them to a hub instead of having them directly in Homey. The question I was asking was not that fact, it was if peolple think it is a good idea to put the Ikea bulbs in the Hue Bridge, or if it would be better to buy an Ikea Gateway aswell, and have the Ikea bulbs in that, and the Hue bulbs in the Hue Bridge. With the backside of having two apps for external ubs instead of one.
Just to hear some advice about that.

I have also talked with Athom about Pro, an maybe I will get one, but according to Athom Support, there is no “upgrade” or way to transfer all configuration from one Homey to another. But they say they are working on it, and hope to release it in short term :-).

On Slack the other week, it was confirmed that the zigbee rewrite was still very much going to happen.

Athom are very fair when it comes to making announcements.

All the most recent news can be read with in the behind the magic blog. A new blog is released on the first Friday of each month.