IKEA Trådfri round dimmer working flow in 2.0 - help

You have the IKEA hub? I only have homey…

Yes, I have an IKEA hub. So if the dimmer doesn’t work in your case, but it does in mine, perhaps it’s not the dimmer that’s a horrible product :wink:

1 Like

The dimmer is too sensitive, merely looking at it sends a signal to Homey. This could be solved with a debouncer. Also, I have to feeling tuning the knob is not really accurate in sending messages.

I bought one and tested a few things.
It is a terrible device for a great price :slight_smile:

Ikea dimmer is working well but not with Homey. I was able to make it work, but it was too laggy, sometimes working well sometimes not at all. Than I connected all Ikea devices over the Ikea hub and than integrated it into Homey and that is a different story. Everything works fluently without any issues. So I do recommend investment into Ikea hub. But you wont be able to control other than Ikea devices with dimmer.

Problem with this dimmer is that it designed to send signal continuesly and homey doesn’t receive continue.
So if you turn the dimmer everytime a bit and wait inbetween then it works ok. Not fantastic but it works.
With IKEA bridge it is a lot better, but you can’t control it with a hue dimmer remote or fibaro wall-switch or sensor or whatever other means. The IKEA tap supposely should do a better job, but i don’t want it.