Homey Community Forum

IKEA Trådfri smart-curtains (FYRTUR and KADRILJ)

well they said May to me so maybe it is not ready to market yet. they will come :slight_smile:

Current status seems to be August.

Damn, it gets bright in Norway in the summer, wanted them before that :sweat_smile:

https://www.ikea.com/nl/nl/catalog/categories/departments/living_room/44531/

From today availble in the Netherlands

1 Like

anyone ordered them? must say I’m dissapointed that they can’t be cut to length accordingly. Some people like their blinds inside the windows. this needs to be over it making it estheticaly unpleasing imo

Looks possible to mount inside the windows… Length shouldn’t be a problem since I suppose the blinds could be calibrated (of course too short is a problem, but not too long probably).

I think Otter means width, because length has no impact on where to mount the curtain.
IKEA has communicated from the beginning that these curtains couldn’t be shortened, so I don’t get why it’s a disappointment. Also, I’m pretty sure one can cut them shorter, it just takes a bit more time and effort than their other curtains. The motor and battery is on one side, so it shouldn’t be that big of a problem.

I’m considering buying one to use it in my kitchen, since my other windows are 160 wide, and therefore too wide for the widest curtain.

If you have the exact (german) standard windows it should be doable. It is a very tiny market for such a big company. Length i mean width, sorry for the confusion.

I think it is possible with some handywork to get it to fit. Lets wait for a pioneer!

2 Likes

Just got mu curtins today. and it would be awesome to get it intergradet into the Trådfri app in homey! :slight_smile: looking forward to it.

I think this is very easy to cut to length with the right equipment

1 Like

It is easy to shorten the Ikea smart blinds! See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL6LPZZoFlo
Hopefully it’s integrated in homey fast :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As expected. I really tried to figure out why IKEA would claim it was impossible. Seems almost as easy as shortening their other curtains.

Now we just have to wait for their 160cm-version, because my window is too wide for the current widest curtain.

Do you know if there will be a 160 version?

No, not at all, just wishful thinking.

When supported in Homey

2 Likes

I understand a lot of us want support for the Ikea blinds in homey, But i wonder how many from above :arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up: have actually asked athom for support :wink:

3 Likes

It is possible to cut them to length:

Br,

Yeah! Now only hope for homey integration! Already requested device support :slight_smile:

But why would you want to cut them? You can just calibrate the curtain so it stops at a desired point…

1 Like

It’s about adjusting the width, not the length.