IKEA Trådfri smart-curtains (FYRTUR and KADRILJ)

First i reset the repeater and the curtains.
I added the repeater to homey first, and then connect to curtains to Homey.
After a while i see the curtains connect trough the repeater to Homey.

I have the same problem.
I put some WD40 between the ring, hope it helps.

Common misconception but WD40 is not lubricant - you’ll be better with some petroleum jelly for the long term

2 Likes

ok tnx for the advice, i will try that :smiley:

Wait. You connect both the curtains and the repeater to homey. But they aren’t connected together (the curtains and the repeater then, right?)
or, how do you know the curtains are connected through the repeater?

I don’t get it. If u use the gateway, can u connect both the remote and the blind to Homey then ?

Yes you can. With the GW and the GW app you connect your homey to the GW. Everything which works with the GW keeps working. And you can control everything which is supported by the app through homey. including the blinds.

Aside from the remote, which isn’t exposed to Homey (so you can’t trigger based on button-presses, for instance).

It’s Homey -> Repeater -> Curtains

The repeater and Curtains are only connected to Homey.
Homey’s Mesh network makes the link from Homey to the repeater and then to the curtains.

Does that mean u can have the blind connected to Homey and still use the remote ?

Thanks. I tried ir
Now see how it works when I have to charge it. Fingers crossed. Thanks for your time!

No sorry the remote won’t work anymore :frowning:

@victoroos , No problem!

Ok, thanks, but what’s the benefit of connecting that way from the ”normal” way? Or i’m i missunderstanding this?

Are you aware of any way to get the remote exposed to Homey?
I.e. if I had a spare one can I connect somehow?

Also, can anyone advise how I can do a ‘lower blind while button pressed’ flow in Homey using the Tradfri gateway app?

As far as I know, there isn’t a way. The gateway doesn’t expose the button to Homey, and Homey itself doesn’t support the device directly.

Homey doesn’t support “WHILE”-type triggers, so not sure if this is possible at all.

2 flows?
If button changed
— and is pressed
----- send close command
if button changed
— and is not pressed
-------send stop command

3 flows?
If button changed
— and is pressed
— and var screen_closed = False
------- send close command
------- start timer (with time in sec to full closure)
if button changed
— and is not pressed
— and var screen_closed = False
— and timer is not finished
------ send stop command
------ set var screen_closed = True
if timer stopped
------ send stop command
------ set var screen_closed = True

you have 2 choices.

1. connect the curtains to the curtain remote only and use them that way.
  2. Connect the curtains to homey , but you can’t use the curtain remote any more.

In option 2 it’s possible to add a remote witch Homey support and make a flow to let the curtains go up or down.

There’s another choice: connect the curtains to an IKEA gateway so you can control them with the remote and with Homey.

Yeah thats true , so you have 3 options :slight_smile:

U mean this app https://homey.app/sv-se/app/com.ikea.tradfri.gateway/IKEA-Trådfri-Gateway/?
People say it works very poorly