Ikea Tradfri Support for GU10 RGB (LED1923R5)

Hi,

When can I expect support in the Tradfri App for the RGB version of the GU10 spot, it is now unrecognized, only On/Off and dim level is supported.

I’m willing to help gathering information.

Thank you

The app is programmed by Athom, so you will have to ask Athom (support@athom.com). I guess no one from the community can answer this question.

Thanks for the headsup, I’ve send an email to homey support.

BTW, don’t open a Pull Request :smiley: that is to merge your own written code with the code already present on a specific branch.

Ok, thought this should also be a possibility, because there is no category “Issue”. But you’re right, of course. Thx for the hint.

No problem; normally there would be an issue page but I guess they disabled it.

1 Like

Hi @Michael_Verbeek

i’ve allready reported this at athom. there response was:

Erik (Athom)

Dec 22, 2020, 15:49 GMT+1

Hi Mail,

Thank you for contacting Athom support.

This device is known to us and to be slated in the next version of the Ikea app.

I have passed down your screenshot to our developers to be sure.

It should be added in the next version of the app!

I wish you a great day and a lot of fun with Homey!

Best Regards,

Erik

The Athom support team.

Stay posted on Facebook by liking our page: Homey !

but as you can see that was on the 22dec so i had expected it allready
curious to know what your answer will be, maybe an timeline

I asked athom about this and got the following respons:
"
Hi Torstein,

Thank you for reaching out and submitting your request! We mainly focus on the development of Homey itself. Although we originally have created the Homey app for this brand, we have only limited resources to add new devices.

We have also added your suggestion to our internal list, but I can’t make any promises here. Keep an eye out for new updates and I am sure your GU10 RGB Bulb will be in one of them in the near future.

I am hereby closing your ticket, but If you need additional support, please feel free to re-open your ticket by answering this email.

Best Regards,

Bas

The Athom support team.
"

This was March 2nd… So I guess we’re out of luck…

hmmm, bummer.

This was my answer on 26feb (google translate):
Boaz (Athom)

February 26, 2021, 2:40 PM GMT + 1

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response!

I think something didn't go quite right on our end, I passed the request to add this device to our developers again, along with the data you collected for us.

Sincerely,
    Best wishes,

Boaz
    Athom's support team.

Boaz (Athom)

February 26, 2021, 13:56 GMT + 1

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us again.

Your Homey should have been automatically updated to Homey v5, and you have also received an Ikea app update in recent weeks.

This update should add support for this device.

I assume that this will answer your question, which is why I am closing your ticket now. If you need additional support, you can reopen your ticket by replying to this email.

I wish you a good day and a lot of fun with Homey!

Sincerely,
    Best wishes,

Boaz
    Athom's support team.

Is there an update about this device?

Doesn’t look like it’s supported yet.

No but please report it at athom so they have an insight of how many people are waiting on this. Might get higher priority

I did what you mentioned, let’s hope it will be implemented fast. I love to use them!

This is the latest update I received yesterday from Athom support:

The lamp has been added to our development roadmap and will be included in the upcoming update of the IKEA app. Until then, it can only be added as a simple Zigbee device and you will miss out on a number of functionalities.

1 Like

Got an update today:

Google translate:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Athom support!

It is indeed true that these have not yet been added as fully-fledged devices to the Ikea app.

Unfortunately, we only have limited manpower to add new devices and a few changes make it take a little longer than we'd like.

It is high on our road map to add these devices!

I assume that they will be added in the next update of the Ikea app.

At the moment I cannot give an exact date but I assume that the update will be available before the end of next month.
Kind regards,

Erik

I also have a bunch of these new ikea bulbs (both the gu10 and e14 rgb bulbs) and it’s been “right around the corner” for 6 weeks now (since I last contacted them).

But the bulbs aren’t really new, are they? Ikea started swapping out their bulbs 5+ months ago now. And last but not least, the Trådfri app still CLAIMS TO SUPPORT THE GU10 AND E14 BULBS.

I feel cheated by Homey, because I bought the Homey much on the premise of connecting it to ikea bulbs…

No update yet?

somebody tried this bulb with the generic zigbee device implentation since Homey v7.1.0?

Yes I did today. And it seems to work as unknown device. Can select the colours and dim level. You have to edit the lamp after connecting, and set the settings as an lamp.

2 Likes

Indeed, exact what Sjoerd1 said. Added the color version of the GU10 bulb through the Ikea Trädfri app but is added as unknown Zigbee device. Although I can set the color, dim and on/off it’s a bit harder to implement it in a flow in my opinion.