Image grabber

Is that the complete url in the Grabber cards?
And no receiver name filled in for the telegram part?
And u did verify the telegram app with the token of the bot?

Hello Roco

Yes. I have 2 Grabber cards. One for each RING Doorbelle. In them I have:

Http://192.168.0.227

Http://192.168.0.147

Flow 1

(When (trigger) The motion alarm frontdoor turned on (RING Doorbell)

Then: Grab image Http://192.168.0.227

Flow 2

(When (trigger) The motion alarm Backdoor turned on (RING Doorbell)

Then: Grab image Http://192.168.0.147

Flow 3

(When (trigger) An Image is grabbed

Then: Image (local) Send a Picture: Per Larsson (its me)

Telegraboot:

Per Larsson, [16.03.19 05:56]

/start

Per Larsson, [16.03.19 05:58]

/register hgtFex4wve

HomeyBot, [16.03.19 05:58]

Homey registered to Telegram chat succesfully

Best regards Per

Per Larsson

I don’t have a Ring but was just wondering if that url is complete. For Foscam camera’s it’s something like:
http://ip address:port/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=admin&pwd=xxx
Are u sure the url is complete this way? And not something like:
http://ip address:port/?type=motion&camera=[CHANNEL] ?

And did u also verify the token for the bot? U can ask for a token by posting /token to the botfather and specify the bot name. After that fill in the token in the settings part of the Telegram app.

I didn’t see this in ur screenshots so that’s why am asking.

Hello,

Yes you are right. This must be the reason

I will try to use URL to my Sony and AXIS cameras first.

You can Close this ticket

Thanks !!

Per Larsson

Hello everyone, please excuse my English.

Can you please help me, I do not have so much experience in this matter, so I have a ring Doorbell to and would like to send the image but I do not know what I should enter where. Many Thanks

Look up 1 post above yours :slight_smile:

@Jorden Hi,

I see the post from @Rocodamelshekima and this is for Foscams cameras, can i use this for Ring Cameras?

It was actually 1 post above urs, the one from Roy stating:

@Rocodamelshekima Hi,

What can i do with this?

I realy don’t know because i don’t have a Ring.

Ok Thanks, can anybody help me please.

Thanks

Hopefully soon,
From Ring Community Support:

I am sorry for any inconveniences that you’ve faced due to this situation with the motion detection!
I would like to thank you for your feedback!

You are right; it is a great idea to have the feature in our App that allows getting the picture of the detected motion even without the Ring Protect Plan subscription!

I’ll make sure to pass your feedback to our managerial team and hope we can still count on your loyalty.
Best regards,

Nataliia from Ring Community

Ring image notification

1 Like

Cool, how did you manage this? Can you share the flow?

1 Like

Is the image ‘up-to-date’?
With my Ring, the images are not live-view, they are older.

They are quite up to date, if someone rings for example I see that person in the snapshot.

Mine aren’t. Don’t know why. I Activated motion detection, but the same picture is aways send for over half an hour. I ‘ran’ the app instead of installing it so I could debug it, the image ID always seems the same, until I get a new images, then the Id changes.

It tried VictorvanHillo’s and Dennie de Groot’s (beta) versions, and although there are differences between the two apps, the outcome is the same.

I’ll do some further testing to get more info to see if I can understand what goes wrong.

Thanks anyways!

Do you have a battery powered device perhaps? The update frequency of battery powered devices is about 30 minutes I believe. The non battery powered devices is far less. I checked again on my by Ring Doorbell Pro and I think the refresh rate of images is max 1 minute.

It isn’t battery powered. I get the same picture for at least 10 to 15 minutes. That for detected motion and even if someone rang the doorbell I get a picture that is from way earlier leaving the grab image option useless.

If I change the motion detection sensitivity to the max, and get a new picture almost every minute it still send pictures from 15 minutes ago.

And my settings (in the ring app) says the power-source is cabled.

Hope someone figures out what could be wrong.