IOS Presence app (locative)

In the log it shows 200 m but in the app it’s set to 500m maybe it’s a limit 200m?

But why u want 500 meters anyway?

Because I’m walking my dog and the garage door will open up and down when I leave outside the circle😆

Ow, haha. But play a little with the range and let us know the outcome if u don’t mind.

1 Like

I will do​:+1::blush:

I have adjusted a little back and forth on the radius, it works up to 190 m after 200 m it stops working🤔

Well, that’s wyrd!

Looks like it’s struggling with two webhooks… if adjust mine in radius then it’s working but my wife is stopped and opposite. Hmmm I have to look more into this problem.

So, just a little recap:

1. If range is set over 200 meters then Locative stops sending webhooks.

2. If range on phone number 1 is set to 199 meters or less , phone number 2 stops working.

3. If range on phone number 2 is set to 199 meters or less, phone number 1 stops working.

For 2 and 3 it sounds like ur using the same webhook on both phones.

Most likely this is a user error, I use the same webhook but different logic name. Point 1-2-3 is as you say yes🤔

Hi all,

Basically have same issue as couple of others. Presence with Homey stopped working well after latest IOS update orrrr after latest Homey update.
Installed Locative on my and my wifes phone and webhooks are tested and work.
Created couple of flows which also work.

My wifes phone (same ios) seems to work now. Away and home are coming in nicely.

But….my phone does not. It worked for 2 days and now I am at work and it still thinks I am at home. I open Locative app and still shows “entered”. Also does not update, now that it sees that I’m away.

The Locative examples I see here are with an older version of the app.

I registered my location at Locative and use 2 different webhooks under the GET tab. I have no additional settings under the settings tab.

Webhook authetication is disabled.

Any thoughts?

And i take it u have “locatievoorzieningen” set to “always” ?
And hit the “exact location” slider to yes?

Yes, sorry for not mentioning this.
Both home and away links work in browser. Rebooted phone, tested flows, etc.

It’s just very strange that even when I’m away from home and I open the Locative app it still does not update my status.

Update: it only registers when I arrive, not when I leave. It looked so easy…

When it registers arrival and not departure then most likely u did not fill in the get request for departure.

If only it was so easy:-)

I can manually trigger the departure event, Homey responds also after that.

And where exactly u test that?

If you click and hold your location in the Locative app, you can trigger an event. So this means my webhooks work just fine.

If webhooks work just fine there must be an error in the flows.

Flows work fine. It’s just the Locative app which does not update my location and trigger the webhook.
I’ve requested support at Locative.