IR not working

@Rocodamelshekima Are your fan and bot working with the IR signal from Homey?

Testing a bit today when i had time and i am still not able to get IR to work i still cant see Homey send the signal using the camera either,

IR is meant to be sent 360 degrees correct ? or is there a specific place i should be trying to film ?

Thanks!

@Matt20v I know I am stating the bleeding obvious (and I am sure you have)… Did you turn off the LED ring for Homey? Also, just to make sure the camera is picking up IR correctly, can you see the IR signal with camera on a handheld remote?

Hey brad, yeah it’s always off and yes I tested with a remote first to ensure I knew what I was looking for :slight_smile:

I thought as much :+1: I would be inclined to lodge a support ticket with Athom (support@athom.com). What you describe certainly doesn’t feel right.

1 Like

Thanks i might just do that !

Sorry for the late reply. Bot just tested and is working like it should. Shall test the fan later.

1 Like

Hello all,

I just found out that my IR is not working anymore. Even by adding a new device can’t get anything to work.
This is since i am on 2.0. I looked here at the forum but nothing mentioned about IR in 2.0. Are there more people having issue;s with this?

1 Like

Hi Frans, have you attempted to use the camera on your phone to record if it is sending the IR command or not?

Hai Jamie,

This is new to me :thinking::thinking:. However the tv does respond do IT sends Ir. The problem is within the software when adding New devices. I made An issue for IT at Athom.

I just saw that the TV uses the Samsung app voor Homey so thats why this works

Thanks

Just and update my Sony TV finally works for me after all this time,
I had to delete device and then re add it again, But this time i didn’t have to teach Homey my IR commands as it now it has the basics inbuilt for Sony TV’s which is great!

Power On/Off, Volume Up/Down , Mute, Channel Up/Down etc

Hope your issues gets fixed!