Homey Community Forum

iRobot Roomba i7+

Hi will homey support roomba i7+ ? Found that now its only officialy supported roomba 980.

Thank you for answers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t think so because i have an I7+ and try to connect with it, but homey can’t find the machine.

1 Like

I have it too but homey cant find it. So I hope they update roomba app for support of i7 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would be highly appreciated. I7 here at home.

Tom

And you all, ofcourse made a request for adding support for it right.

1 Like

Where can I do that? Sorry being n00b

So beeing a noob does mean you dont cant use the search option?

I got it running with IFTTT, i can even select which room it has to clean, works great. I made a flow in Homey to start an IFTTT applet, and IFTTT can connect with your iRobot Roomba i7+.

1 Like

Thx 4 the info.
That’s how I helped myself as well until now.
I was keen on gaining access to status (in operation, bin, full, etc.)

Will still hope for irobot app update.
https://apps.athom.com/app/com.irobot.roomba980

Tom

My feeling is that it is a wifi or irobot problem not an app problem because when I open the irobot app and I go to settings, wifi settings and want to know the wifi data of the robot, I get an wifi-error with the text that i am not in the same wifi network and I am sure I am in the same network. That is why I think the Homey app can’t find my Roomba. Something is working against me maybe a router problem or something to do with the 2.4GHz and 5 GHz because my irobot is in 2.4 and my iphone is in 5 GHz I really don’t know. I think IFTTT goes via the cloud to my Roomba and the Homey app goes straight via Wifi.

1 Like

Hi all,
I have iRobot Roomba i9+ which also would be nice if we could get support for.

So you asked the devolper for adding support into the app?