Is FIBARO coming up with Homey knockoff?

Look at the their twitt. What is coming from FIBARO? Anybody knows? https://twitter.com/fibaro_global/status/1081510118221668352?s=21

CES next week, Iā€™m guessing weā€™ll be seeing a lot of new home automation controllers.

They already have that, the Fibaro homecenter itā€™s called.

https://www.fibaro.com/en/products/smart-switches-and-outlets/

1 Like

Really great stuff! I am not talking about the hardware as this is kinda - well - childish playground - but in terms of software - awesome.
Seeing their interface and UI makes me cry when looking at Homey :frowning:

Maybe - one day - in version 3 or so, we will see an integration of latest UI experience and implementation of watches, Dashboards and useful stuffā€¦

2 Likes

Im guessing you still havent updated your homey to v2? Because the new UI for homey is lightyear ahead of fibaro, with a few exceptions in functions.

2 Likes

I did. Itā€™s absolutely great of course !
To me, smart home means to be smart on the background but on the foreground. I appreciate the work the guys do, totally.

However - seeing the interface besides all the new devices and with the possibilities on the website (at least there) I feel like missing a clear dashboard is still a very big issue.

3 Likes

Would be good if there was demo or video review somewhere.

I have a Fibaro and itā€™s phone UI was indeed years behind Homey 1.x, with the exception that it worked.

The desktop/web interface is old fashioned in terms of visual design but light years ahead of homey in respect of being out-of the box ready to have a simple interface for things like alarm and heating scheduling - no convoluted flows and 3rd party goodwill needed.

Maybe weā€™re not talking about the same;
This is the latest development by Fibaro; which I feel like being very awesome:

https://www.fibaro.com/de/smart-home-app/

This is how they say they did it:

We took advantage of 8 years experience of a team of experts that developed the previous FIBARO smart home mobile app. We took all the needs of our users and collaborated with a group of more than 1000 power users. Thanks to the voices of the FIBARO community, we have prepared hundreds of mock-ups to outperform already available apps. Thanks to that, our app is second to none.

1 Like

I completely agree that fibaro is more stable, and a more worked through system, no doubt.

But, they have also worked on it for A LOT longer then athom has. So in my opinion they are talking and selling in the new fibaro app as a bigger update than it really is, and therefore acts somehow cowardly as they as well within their Ā«comfortzoneĀ».

But again, it is a solid system but imo lacks a bunch of integrations.

Adding to that: they have a much smaller eco-system what is supportedā€¦

1 Like

Light years smaller! I experienced that.

The app and site look amazingā€¦

but remember thisā€¦ if you knew nothing about Homeyā€¦ you would think the screenshots for Homey v2 App and the website make it look amazingā€¦

Sadly these companies know all to well we will fall for it and just be beta testers for them

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s great. Itā€™s what we in Strategy call ā€žprofessionalā€œ. :wink:
8 years ago - the landscape of smart home was barely existing. Fibaro had time to develop.
Today this market is already just a substitutional one, that wonā€™t give any product some years to develop.

What Konrad says is true. The reason Iā€™m here is all my Aeotec sensors and Yale door lock drained batteries in a few days with my Fibaro HC2. I got suckered into the idea that Homey would be better because of the wildly exaggerated claims of what Homey ā€œworksā€ with, and itā€™s prettier website, only to learn that it ā€˜worksā€™ much less easily with basic things than Fibaro.