Homey Community Forum

Is there an Aqara hub that integrates with homey

Noticed there are many topics about Aqara and the maximum number of zigbee-devices.

I have 6 Aqara temp sensors, 3 mini switches and 1 motion detector. All directly connected to homey. After these I’m unavailable to add any more, they just don’t want to include. No error message no nothing. Tried pulling the plug like suggested in another topic.

I don’t mind purchasing a hub as long as I can add more zigbee devices, at least a total of 15-20 of them. The rest of the house is z-wave and works fine.
But, is there any hub that really integrates with Homey. And which one is it? I really don’t want to use another app for these sensors and switches.

Any solution that doesn’t use Homey’s Zigbee will require a specific app.

Yes, since I’ve been using the Conbee 2, I’ve no longer had any problems with the Zigbee network.
Your devices mentioned above all work with the Conbee Stick. It is possible to add up to 512 devices.

https://phoscon.de/en/conbee

Why dont you add fe 5 zigbee routers and you can probably grow beyond 25 sensors…

See fe the bigger zigbee networks here
[Community Survey] Homey v5 ZigBee Health check and statistics collection (HomeyScript)

1 Like

I’ve got two of them, almost all my aqara sensors are connected to the gateway and in Homey with the Mi Homey and Xiaomi mi home app.

Xiaomi gateway v2 (DGNWG02LM), Chinese version

The Xiaomi Gateway 3 also seems to work, but didn’t test it myself:

@Haxp1
Weird, Stefan. I’ve 12 Aqara zigbee sensors placed throughout my home paired with Homey, without any router devices. Works flawless since februari.
So it is possible.

But please follow the “add router devices” advice I would say :wink:.

Which firmware are you using?
Did you ever perform a zigbee reset if the fw is v5.0.0 or higher?
Note zigbee reset causes all zigbee devices to be removed and they have to be paired again, and you’ll need to fix all flows with zigbee device cards used.

Thanks for all replies, I made a zigbee reset and then started adding the devices one by one and it actually worked :grinning:. So now there is 7 temperature sensors, 4 mini switches and 2 motion detectors.

Will look into getting some routers for the future.

1 Like